Oil Change

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I started racing mine I ve been using Valvolene ATV 10w40 . I change it after every race and its been working great . No slippage, coming out clean . I have a sponsorship offer from Amsoil but it would still cost me $8 a quart . Ill stick with Valvolene . 17 races x $8.00 x 3 = a ton of $$$$$$$ . My stuff cost $4 a quart

sidewayz33 said:
Since I started racing mine I ve been using Valvolene ATV 10w40 . I change it after every race and its been working great . No slippage, coming out clean . I have a sponsorship offer from Amsoil but it would still cost me $8 a quart . Ill stick with Valvolene . 17 races x $8.00 x 3 = a ton of $$$$$$$ . My stuff cost $4 a quart
Where do you get the valvoline atv oil? I might be willing to try that the amsoil is a pain to order I can usually get good deals on it tho. Valvoline is my fav OTC oil.

yupp Autozone. Sometimes they will have it on sale too, I'll go in a but as much as I can for a reasonable amount. Ebay come in handle when buying ATV type oil in bulk.

Speaking of bulk? They sell our type of oil out Sams club or Costco?

After doing some more research I see a lot of guys are using the Rotella 5w40 in atv's and motorcycles. I havnt got many replys in my thread yet but one guy said he had issues with the valvoline shearing down to like water in his warrior. Good thing about the rotella is its available at Walmart.

spdfrk1990 said:
After doing some more research I see a lot of guys are using the Rotella 5w40 in atv's and motorcycles. I havnt got many replys in my thread yet but one guy said he had issues with the valvoline shearing down to like water in his warrior. Good thing about the rotella is its available at Walmart.
Yes , any oil will do that if you leave it in long enough .

I picked up the Valvoline ATV autozone too. good price, said it was designed for ATVs and wet clutches so I went with it.
Might try something else in the summer, but we'll see. Sure is nice only needing a few quarts of oil at a time.
15 qts of synthetic in the truck is what hurts :)

I have been using rotella for two years in 3 warriors with no issues so thats what i go with.

simon said:
spdfrk1990 said:

i dont know if you guys know but yamalube is the same as castrol

Yup suppose to be junk as well as the valvoline is what im reading from the UOA's on bobistheoilguy. They say the valvoline makes most bikes shift like crap and breaks down really fast and the castrol shifts better but breaks down really fast also. Now if you race and change your oil after every race you might be ok.

Rotella 5w40, or 15w50 rotella, or amsoil 10w40. Considering the rotella is much cheaper then the amsoil about half price and local im going to use it.

I guess I will re-evaluate using vavoline ATV oil in my 85 TRX250. I just got my warrior, but I plan on using Yamalube 10W40.

Back