Official Tire thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i realize its all preference anyways, but i started to add more air on my bald front Dunlops and managed to slip less on turns. its gong to be a huge difference either way. I've been experimenting with the rears between 4 and 5 and i feel like i have more control with 5 on hard pack but i hook up better in washes with 4. again, its going to be a huge difference anyways with those fronts on now. i bet i even change my riding techniques a bit. 10 still seems like a lot. i know there are guys out there that do it but the 6 ply has me worried about arm pump, let alone 10 in the tire too. i just cant wait to get out there and see because i really don't know what its like to have a full set of good tires. tomorrow i'm going to ride with it at 10 just to feel what its like then drop between 4 and 5. then, the tinkering will commence.

I run 4 in all four tires. Seems like it works pretty good

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
check out my vids on YouTube
-Atv Mayhem

Has anyone ran carlise turf tamer? I'm thinking of trying those next time. keep in mind that I'll use them on a 2 stroke atv. It's said that they have the best traction...
Thanks.

@Wildgasgas, Turf Tamers are real good tires, they are a little old school but perform awesome my buddy has always ran them on his blaster and they hook up great. I don't know what kind of 2 stroke your gonna use them on but youshould be happy with them for the price and performance. Just a thought you might wanna check out some Goldspeed tires they are a top choice among lots of MX riders, And the price is hard to beat.

They have awesome traction only thing that sucks they only come in 2 or 4 ply can't remember which..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Old school? Sounds great because 2 strokes are old school too :) I'll check Goldspeed tires but I think I'll finally get turf tamers.
And I didn't know what ply rating was... i had to google it!
Thanks for your tips.

vyga4upu.jpg

e8yravah.jpg

Swapping to tens 20-11-10 due to great hook up paired with razor fronts they run the best in our shitty terrain and they were cheap which was a plus with only one ride on them Itp hole shots
y2ury3a9.jpg
8a3e3yge.jpg

I'm looking for a little more rear clearance and long life. General trail riding, starting to avoid mud in general. Don't need maximum traction for racing or anything.

Just have the Dunlops now, 20x10x9 and 22x7x10.

I'm looking at Holeshot XCTs and Holeshot HDs. HDs seem to get good reviews for my intended purpose. Anyone use XCTs?

I'm thinking maybe XCTs in the rear for that little extra clearance, and HDs in the front where I don't need extra clearance but will use the toughness.

Thoughts?

Holeshots are great but SUCK in the loose stuff. Silt, sand, mud. They don't do it.

Hmm, thanks for the input. I don't intend to see much sand/silt/mud, but do you have other suggestions given my priorities?

Alex I hate to correct you bro but I have hole shot rears and they hook up in all areas mud silt dirt rock you name it i was in it on Sunday and never lost a bit of traction as for my fronts I have razors they seem to turn in any terrain

Holeshots are the ****! I'll run them before any other they hook up in every terrain never been let down by my Holeshots but RAZR rears suck donkey ass in the mud or wet soil they are like running slicks if it's wet out and that's coming from experience and why I got rid of my rear RAZR's

I'm with Ed no doubt ill run the holeshots over any thing on my bike with the right gears and lay out you can't go wrong it's been raining like hell here in az and me and my buddy are running holeshots he has them on his yfz and both of us were mobbin threw the trails with no lag from any terrain change

The standard holeshots are a all around great tire. Over the years tires have changed so much it makes it difficult to pick the right ones, I remember when Shredders, Turf tamers and Holeshots was it. I have went through so many different brands I too have to say ITP's have been my favorite, the GNCCs I have right now are the best ive owned.

ITP GNCC 2 are the tires you want. you will have no complaints except they are a biy of a pain to mount being 6 ply. but you will not be disappointed.

Back