Official Tire thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woa. you cut your tires. whats the advantage of that. cheap sand tires maybe?

No, they're not sand tires by any means, I'd never run them in sand. Less weight, and slightly more traction than standard dirt tires.

rappy, i think it was your thread i read a while back about you taking off as much weight as possible from your bike so i guess those knobs did you something. i never thought less treads would be more grippy though. less knobs on the ground putting more weight per each knob would be my guess. what type of terrain do you normally ride? not rocky stuff i presume.

depends on shipping, those mofos are heavy, atvtiresbarn.com has free shipping over 99 dollars, thats why I sent ya there...

rappy, i think it was your thread i read a while back about you taking off as much weight as possible from your bike so i guess those knobs did you something. i never thought less treads would be more grippy though. less knobs on the ground putting more weight per each knob would be my guess. what type of terrain do you normally ride? not rocky stuff i presume.

Sand and loose dirt mostly. They'd wear quickly on pavement or really hard packed surfaces.

they both come out to free shipping. 120 out the door is not too bad either. if 120 is what it takes to buy from a reliable seller then that's what it takes.

i only imagine how fast they wear. interesting concept but not for me haha. lately ive been all about Cross Country. sand, wash, hard pack, rocks big and small, volcanic rock, trees cactus... everything. lots of people like to go with smaller tires but i just couldn't do it. the more i think about it the more i want 6-ply now.

Def. go 6 ply! I will probably go back down to 22s after I wear out this set of brand new 25s. But yea I will stay with 22s after this.

Ambush is 4 ply.
the tires say something like 2 tire, 2 tread on them. i guess that means 4 all together. not sure of the construction of tires and how that works out. to me that sounds like 2 ply but i bet that's just how tires get built and rated. getting money for Grad and B-day sometime in the next two weeks and im shooting for some XRex tires. im sold. now that i looked up prices i dont think i need to think twice about $100 for two tires. i think i paid about $150 for the 2 ambush tires and thought i got a bargain there.

Just got my XC-Masters in today
P1030621_zps2fd57abf.jpg

Here's what happened. I called up discount tire last week and they said they could order the X-Rex tires for me, as well as match any price I found. I just simply printed out the page from pwersportsplace.com and brought it in. After the guy rang me up and all that stuff, he called the warehouse in California, to see if they had them and when they would arrive. When the guy got off the phone he went on about telling me that the X-Rex tires were discontinued and now they make a new tire but changed the name to XC-Master. As you know, I am well aware of this but I wanted the X-Rex tires because of the wicked cheap price. I just listened as if I had no idea, and when he was done he said he would ship me two bran new XC-Masters for the same price. Sooo, I got two bran new XC-Master tires for the closeout price of its discontinued brother. SWEET! And just in time for my bike-packing trip next weekend. I'm kinda sorta happy.

discount put 10 psi in them. i have 5 in the rear Ambush tires, so I'm not sure but i think i might drop the psi in the new fronts to match the rears. idk maybe ill just fart around in the desert tomorrow with my pump and see what i like before i load up heavy for the weekend.

Back