New vroom vroom toy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bad when i can properly jet a 4 cylinder crotch rocket but a warrior gives me probs lol.
ok i'll go down a size on the main then :) thanks!

this carb is gettin on my nerves!. supertrapp pipe, K&N style pod air filter.
145 main jet, 42.5 pilot jet, and the jet in the bowl is a 62.5. to get it to run any way decent the clip on the needle has to be in the top slot (lowering the needle all the way) then with the adjuster screw where it should be it bogs as soon as you touch the throttle but runs good past that. to get it to stop bogging at first touch you have to turn the screw out 6 full turns then it starts sputtering at 3/4 again and still bogs just a bit at the firsts touch... help? please lol

looks like that 62.5 jet in the bowl is for the choke circuit.

i think so.... i need the damn thing to run right off choke :p i'm bout ready to wrap it in det cord and blow the f'er up :)

maybe a warped carb bowl? I know you already checked the common things like a cracked boot and such so I'm trying to think of unlikely things. I would think normally a 150 main needle in the middle setting would work. did you try uping the idle a little? Also maybe uping your pilot jet a size or 2

Last edited:
ok it has a NEW carb boo on it and sealer on both sides. The needle is straight, the slide and guides look great, the bowl is PERFECT. the jets are clean as can be. i'm lost on what to do! i've never had a carb give me these problems! i've tried the needle in every clip slot and it runs best in the top slot. i think i need to go smaller on my main (so i can put the needle back to stock settings) and maybe change my pilot?

it seems to be... i've checked it and re checked it! the holes are all clean and i did the ink pen spring mod to make sure it pops back up all the way

ok i dropped the main down to a 140 and the pilot to a 40 and the needle clip is second from the top and she runs ALOT better so i'm going to go to the middle slot for the clip on the needle (stock) and see what it does and tune the air screw alittle but i am for sure CLOSE!

i got a few pics (before my air filter and seat came in) and i'm just now uploading them lol. i'll get some NEW ones tomorrow with the seat on it and of the air filter

i think i need new handle bars :eek: lol
IMG00019-20110204-1513.jpg

IMG00017-20110204-1513.jpg

IMG00016-20110204-1513.jpg

my custom direct shifter
IMG00015-20110204-1513.jpg

IMG00014-20110204-1512.jpg

IMG00012-20110204-1512.jpg

still gotta order grips and probably some handle bars

Back