my new toy :)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's all gone. said it'll still be easy for me to get sick for about a month then i should be back to my normal self

and missouri. you ride a dirtdike loaded down with a easy 400 pound of luggage and you and ride 600 miles in a single day. it doesn't work that way.

and besides it's 938 miles round trip and thats not including the rideing i do while i'm in VA. i plan on taking 3 days up there and 3 days back down. that leaves me 8 days to kill in VA and i plan on riding the forest service roads up there so it could become a 2000 mile trip if i so choose for it to be.

I think warriorgirl should take a pic of her self by her bike or get that brother to take a vid of her riding it.

warriorgirl09 said:
it's all gone. said it'll still be easy for me to get sick for about a month then i should be back to my normal self

and missouri. you ride a dirtdike loaded down with a easy 400 pound of luggage and you and ride 600 miles in a single day. it doesn't work that way.

and besides it's 938 miles round trip and thats not including the rideing i do while i'm in VA. i plan on taking 3 days up there and 3 days back down. that leaves me 8 days to kill in VA and i plan on riding the forest service roads up there so it could become a 2000 mile trip if i so choose for it to be.

That's good to here. Sounds like a fun trip.

spdfrk1990 said:
I think warriorgirl should take a pic of her self by her bike or get that brother to take a vid of her riding it.

i will when i get to feeling better :) round three of swine flu has hit GA and i think i've got it :/ i heard on the new the other night that there have been 3 deats from it this time around. oh well haha i skipped it the first two times.

anyway... i orderd seals and boots for my forks last night but i'm having probs finding a after market rear shock soooo i might get the stock shock off the newer DR650 :) it's piggy back rezzey and setup for lighter riders like myself

got some new stickers in the mail... i've not put em on yet. should have more tomorrow too.
i got uni, durablue, and bel-ray stickers as of right now

hmm as it turns out penzoil breaks down in a bigass thumper... so i swapped over to rotella T diesel oil to aviod the whole breakdown and to get away from the additives. Plus it's proven that Rotalla T 15w40 cuts down on tranny wear :) so i'll change the oil in about 500 miles to see how it's holding up and to put a new clutch cover gascket on and adjust the counter balancer chain.
She's also changed alil

bike8.jpg

bike9.jpg

So this thing is a 650 but the head pipe is smaller than the one on the warrior?

the last time i changed the oil in the warrior i used rotella considering i always have a little extra from my trucks oil changes. it hasnt missed a beat yet.

single over head cam pushing 4 valves down, the header is bigger than it looks in the pics.
having a background in diesel big rigs i REALLY wanted to use mystik 15W50 but i didn't want to drive 30 miles to get it lol so i used rotella instead :/ maybe it'll hold up. penzoil always worked good for me in like xr 400's and warriors and such but in this beast! lol it turned to water (i really think water is thicker than the oil i drained out)
oh well lessons learned by trial and error

rebuilt the forks today! after i had to fab up a custom damper rod tool lol. there clean now haha.
next is a timing chain. ugh $64 freakin dollars

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0122.jpg

Photo0121.jpg

Photo0120.jpg

finally got to feeling well enough to rebuild the forks and fab up a headlight gaurd.
i've got the counter balancer chain and timing chain. waiting to feel well enough to tackle that one ugh :/

Back