my 92 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was just thinking that as well, I still have to register mine. What sucks is they will go back and make me pay the registration from the day I bought it lol.

put an extra steel plate in the clutch mix and finally tapped my cover for the cooler. I'll mount the cooler in late morning and take some pics.

1314734409.jpg

1314736339.jpg

You can see in that 2nd pic, that the part of the peg that sits by the clutch cover is gone. When I took off my peg I saw that it was rubbing a hole in my clutch cover. So I when to bend it out some and it snapped off. Not a biggy but now I have a slight rattle from my brake lever.

Tell me what you find on the cooler......whether it is noticeably cooler....i really need it as after one hour in 100 degree heat...the power tapered off and the Cam Tensioner got noisy....meaning the oil was thin....
Curious to your findings....

Peace,
Jebby

Yes...I read 30 to 40....just curious to what your real life findings are....if it is really 40 degrees your "hand thermometer" near the jug will know that....:iagree:

Could of used it this evening.....106...101 in the shade @ 6:30.....

Two other things....are those Banshee front shocks? And are they a bit more stable than the stockers?

Also...did you wrap rubber around the frame where the cooler is mounted...and did you have to trim in between the fenders?

peace,
Jebby

Last edited:
The shorter version which I'm running showed 35 degrees of cooling of the oil and engin temp droped over 70 degrees from without the cooler after 20 min of hard riding in 96 degree heat

Yeah I need to add a cooler.....my jug gets pretty hot. Of course I think the engine is running lean right now because I put that UNI air filter on and haven't rejetted yet. I get a bit of popping on deccel once in a while as well.

Yeah I need to add a cooler.....my jug gets pretty hot. Of course I think the engine is running lean right now because I put that UNI air filter on and haven't rejetted yet. I get a bit of popping on deccel once in a while as well.

Install the jet kit.....you will not be disappointed......these suckers roost pretty decent if the jetting is spot on...and I nailed it....you just know
when they are right....very crispy sounding...

Duneracer...70 degrees at the jug eh'!!!!!:eek:
Know wonder the power tapered off after a hour today....great info...
I have coolers on my Honda bikes....but they are moving a lot more...
Good to know...my kit will be here soon from 98Warrior...

Peace,
Jebby

Two other things....are those Banshee front shocks? And are they a bit more stable than the stockers?

Also...did you wrap rubber around the frame where the cooler is mounted...and did you have to trim in between the fenders?

peace,
Jebby

The shocks are off a kfx700, I needed longer shocks after I got my a arms, I also bought an upper shock relocater cause these were still a little short. I have them set on the softest setting and it fells alot better then stock but will be ALOT better when I get some long travel Elkas for it.

No rubber on the frame when I mounted it, I thought about it but this winter I plan on tearing it completly down, the frame will be painted black and I'll cushon it up better. I used zip ties and mounted it in six different spots. It's on there so tight I can grab the front of the cooler and lift the front tires up a hair. And no fender trimming was needed to mount it, but I think when I tear it down I'm going to take some off the fenders under the hood just to give it a little more airflow

Last edited:
do you have a banshee throttle and cable on ur warrior?, how does it work out

Latest posts

Back