Might be getting a 96 Blaster

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did that once and my chem teacher looked at me shook his head then lith the gas hook up right off the valve were the line connects to and it shot a 4 foot flame

baddass chemistry teacher dude. like mine she likes to light paper on fire while she is thinking...

I packed my silencer with steel wool once, and I thought it made it sound terrible... FMF packing material is dirt cheap. Just use the right stuff for the job.

Just done mine with FMF packing. 7 dollars and it sounds great.
Just don't try the 4 stroke packing.
I thought it would last longer. But it packs to tight, and really soaks up oil. You end up packing it light, and having to change it sooner.

I like to pack the 2 stroke light, it seems to make it quieter. Plus that way you can get two packs, out of one bag..

Just don't try the 4 stroke packing.
I thought it would last longer. But it packs to tight, and really soaks up oil. You end up packing it light, and having to change it sooner.

I like to pack the 2 stroke light, it seems to make it quieter. Plus that way you can get two packs, out of one bag..

Yeah, definitely want to use the 2 stroke packing, its made for the oil. I've read that the stringy stuff is better for that plus you don't have take the can all the way apart, just the end cap and stuff it in. IDK

Yeah, definitely want to use the 2 stroke packing, its made for the oil. I've read that the stringy stuff is better for that plus you don't have take the can all the way apart, just the end cap and stuff it in. IDK
I've used the pink (stringy) stuff. It's meant for racing apps.
It's is better, and doesn't blow out as easy. But it doesn't deaden the sound as good either. So it depends on weather you want it quiet, or don't want to change the packing as often?

I like to take the whole silencer apart, and make sure it's clean before I repack it. I also like to wrap the material "loosely" around the core, with it outside of the can.. That way you know it's wrapped all around.
I just use a bit of masking tape to hold it to the core. Packing it to tight won't allow sound to penetrate it.

I've kinda got it down to a fine art. lol
I know exactly how much material to add, and how tight to wrap it.

My friend just stopped by, and he has a blaster with a full FMF setup.

This is what he said works best.
Wrap the core with a light layer of this **** first. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-RACING-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a6b2088a&vxp=mtr
Then wrap the rest with normal packing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-RACING-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aecfabd06&vxp=mtr

He said that it lasts longer than a normal pack, but it's not as loud as using strait performance packing.
I'm gonna try it someday..

God I love how this blaster starts on the first kick every time with just half choke!

IMG-20130119-WA0003.jpg

can I run the warrior headlights on the blaster? I have an Idier that will look bad ass
plus the blaster headlight is burnt out and ugly as ****

Latest posts

Back