Limewire users

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you come over and say Hi.

shitmouth.gif

In your profile thing it says that you are 32. Is that true? cause it sounds like your trying to be smart with your big words and **** then you sound like a little kid.

The thing I don't get is why are the downloaders getting sued when it should be the providers like limewire because they are providing the ******* music. I just don't get it, it's just fucked up. But is this even true? or is it just an internet rumor?

I don't think it should be the users that should be sued.. companies like LimeWire and others are providing the music and all we have to do is double click on the song we want and it's ours. So really, if this is true and not just some rumor we should be safe. If the government has a problem with it they should deal with the companies that provide us with free music.

Limewire only provides the tool (software). Its peer to peer- meaning one person makes files available via their computer for others to download. Limewire does not provide any files.

How many are getting in trouble using programs such as Limewire is providing files for others to download. Say a musician uses limewire to search for his own music. Various IP's come up as providers of his music. The artist turns these addresses over to law enforcement. All you need to do is click "browse host" of any file that came up in a search and you can see every file that each person is offering as well as their address. Although they (law enforcement and music industry) may go after peeps for downloading, it is much easier to get those that are sharing pirated material. Once they have your IP as a suspect, it is very simple to check how often you are offering. Running limewire daily -not a good idea.

The thing I don't get is why are the downloaders getting sued when it should be the providers like limewire because they are providing the ******* music. I just don't get it, it's just fucked up. But is this even true? or is it just an internet rumor?

Friend, this is life. Life, This is friend. Tear him up.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. And my friend, you are one ignorant person if you think the P2P SOFTWARE magically makes music available.

k your not my friend so stop saying that, LOL. BUT If limewire never existed you would never be able to use P2P!!!! so without the tool you need, it would never be possible.

and where do you think the mp3 player market is gunna go? down to the trash. People aren't gunna pay a dollar for an effing song.. exept the rich kids that don't give a **** cause their mommy and daddies pay for it.

Alright this is getting old, everyone fighting back and forth about limewire being illegal and stealing music...In a weird way i think storydude was trying to look out for everyone using limewire so they dont get suid (not sure of spelling).

But i think this thread should end because its going no where...

k your not my friend so stop saying that, LOL. BUT If limewire never existed you would never be able to use P2P!!!! so without the tool you need, it would never be possible.

Ever hear of Usenet? FTP? Bittorrent?

All of those are FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOLS.

Now, Colt makes a fine .45. It's up to the USER to not go ona killing spree, and waste a school. NOT COLT.

GM makes a fine automobile. It's up to the USER to NOT drive into a crowd of people. NOT GM.

Limewire makes a finr P2P software. It's up to the USER to NOT allow cd's to be shared. NOT LIMEWIRE.

Plain. Simple. And typed slow so you can understand it.

02yfm350 just give up your digging a hole... <<<not being mean or anything agenst you but just a little advise.

[quote:7hjapmiw]k your not my friend so stop saying that, LOL. BUT If limewire never existed you would never be able to use P2P!!!! so without the tool you need, it would never be possible.

Now, Colt makes a fine .45. It's up to the USER to not go ona killing spree, and waste a school. NOT COLT.

GM makes a fine automobile. It's up to the USER to NOT drive into a crowd of people. NOT GM.

Limewire makes a finr P2P software. It's up to the USER to NOT allow cd's to be shared. NOT LIMEWIRE.

Plain. Simple. And typed slow so you can understand it.[/quote:7hjapmiw]

That's one thing I can agree with. P2P software is legal, when used in a legal manner. Software can be abused just just like anything else. I'm sure it's somewhere in limewire's fine print that users shouldn't use it to share or download protected files. So if you violate any laws while you're using it, you do it at your own risk.

I'm not agreeing that downloading music makes you the same as a common thief though. I don't have a problem with downloading music. It just doesn't make sense to sue the vendor of a program, when it's the users that are misusing it.

[quote:63tzufn2]

Plain. Simple. And typed slow so you can understand it.

That's one thing I can agree with. P2P software is legal, when used in a legal manner. Software can be abused just just like anything else. I'm sure it's somewhere in limewire's fine print that users shouldn't use it to share or download protected files. So if you violate any laws while you're using it, you do it at your own risk.

I'm not agreeing that downloading music makes you the same as a common thief though. I don't have a problem with downloading music. It just doesn't make sense to sue the vendor of a program, when it's the users that are misusing it.[/quote:63tzufn2]

Personal Accountability. Something the new Generation is lacking. See, it's not THIER fault...It's everyone elses for allowing sharp pointy objects to exist that they can fall upon.

Remember playgrounds? Steel bars set in concrete? Know whay those are not around anymore? Because people did not take RESPONSIBILITY for the actions of themselves, and sued when they fall from 10 feet onto concrete.

Someone agreed with him now his head swelled up bigger then a balloon

I dont agree with him... i simply stated hes right..

I cant say anything. I use limewire but i know its illegal. Im not going to argue over it on the internet becasue honestly the internet is full of people with swelled up heads... I just dont have the time to sit here and write you a story on why i think you shouldnt use limewire..... i could.. i could sit here and write a whole book on why you shouldnt but you wouldnt read it nor would you actually listen to what i had to say.

Hence why i dont waste my time making long drawnout posts anymore... nobody reads them and when they do they simply contradict what i have to say and tell me im wrong..... when i post on this site it is completely out of experience... if i tell you something its because i have been through it.

i wasnt bad talking you DSwarrior, SD1 just seemed to get slightly more cocky after your post... i know you always speek from experiance because when i ask a question on here im hoping someone with your experiance will help me so i know im getting the right info.

i wasnt bad talking you DSwarrior, SD1 just seemed to get slightly more cocky after your post... i know you always speek from experiance because when i ask a question on here im hoping someone with your experiance will help me so i know im getting the right info.

But when someone tells someone else that they are a criminal, everything goes to hell?

Its just the way you said it (im saying this calm so dont get defensive) i agree that story dude is right but. I dont agree with the criminal part, yes millions of people pirate music but that that dosnt make them hard out criminals

In my opionion there are a lot more worse crimes being commited everyday than ilegally downloading music. Instead of spending time on finding out who's downloading music illegally they should be worrying about all the murders, rapes, stealing cars. You know, serious crimes.

I agree with you 98warrior. There are so many worse crimes that are happening all the time. I feel the same way about when the cops pull you over for going 5 miles over the speed limit. There's got to be something more important for them to do.

In my opionion there are a lot more worse crimes being commited everyday than ilegally downloading music. Instead of spending time on finding out who's downloading music illegally they should be worrying about all the murders, rapes, stealing cars. You know, serious crimes.
So, you are saying because it's a petty crime, police should look the other way?

Back