Limewire users

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it wasn't for limewire, I wouldn't know half of the bands I listen to and I never would have boughten their cd's. so I think limewire is helping the musicians also. besides, do you really think most of them need the extra money that bad? They're all filthy rich and rolling in doe.

Maybe pay attention in english class.

Let's take a walk into Mr. Wizard's lab.

YOU (yes that tiny pea brain has to think now) Work at a job I'm assuming. Lets say one day you are working and all the sudden someone lifts cash out of your paycheck. A random amount, but cash nonetheless.

You were expecting to make 150 this week, but now you only have 98. The boss comes in and says "Because people now can get the product we are selling for free, I had to cut your pay. Also, I'm going to need you to randomly give me money during the week."

Think you'd be pissed?

The musicians sure as hell are.

Same analogy:

You ar a small indie band on the verge of breaking out of poverty. You are approached by a label, and boom. now you are making millions, with millions more to come....BUT.

someone from the studio ripped your new blockbuster hit album, expected to make you 150 million. It hits Limewire. When your record hits, you sell 10,000 copies.....not the 150 MILLION copies you, and the label expected.

Think you'd be pissed?

yeah, I think you do definitely fit right into the "asshole" category.

So, exactly what is it that drives you to do **** like this? Wow, you know the laws, you're so smart, wow. I guess we should all just bow down to you and admire your strength, huh?

Can one of you moderators do something about this dweeb? He really doesn't do a ******* thing to actually contribute to the site, unless you look at starting arguments and harassing other members as a "contribution".

You might want to re-read this thread.

Just WHO started the personal attacks again?

WHO has REFRAINED from MAKING personal attacks in this thread?

And I thought this was the place for threads like this, not in tech.

wow dude. calm down. You keep comparing downloading music to stealing a car and beer and expensive **** when a single song costs 1 buck from the companies that do that ****. If I was a musician and I hope to be one in the future, I wouldn't ******* give a **** If I was loosing a couple thousand off of an album cause I GET TO PLAY MUSIC FOR A LIVING thats ****** rad. Then you have even more millions and merchandise and touring and other ****.

[quote:szt9lxqh]If it wasn't for limewire, I wouldn't know half of the bands I listen to and I never would have boughten their cd's. so I think limewire is helping the musicians also. besides, do you really think most of them need the extra money that bad? They're all filthy rich and rolling in doe.

YOU (yes that tiny pea brain has to think now) Work at a job I'm assuming. Lets say one day you are working and all the sudden someone lifts cash out of your paycheck. A random amount, but cash nonetheless.

You were expecting to make 150 this week, but now you only have 98. The boss comes in and says "Because people now can get the product we are selling for free, I had to cut your pay. Also, I'm going to need you to randomly give me money during the week."

Think you'd be pissed?

Same analogy:

You ar a small indie band on the verge of breaking out of poverty. You are approached by a label, and boom. now you are making millions, with millions more to come....BUT.

someone from the studio ripped your new blockbuster hit album, expected to make you 150 million. It hits Limewire. When your record hits, you sell 10,000 copies.....not the 150 MILLION copies you, and the label expected.

Think you'd be pissed?

[/quote:szt9lxqh]

You make it look like musicians don't make any ******* money. They already make more than they earn, regardless of how much gets stolen. How in the hell does writing some music and performing it justify the ridiculous amount they get paid. They make as much money in one year as most people work their entire life to make.

Plus, like somebody else just said, these musicians are living their dreams just to earn a living by playing music, while most of us are out there WORKING for our money, not playing guitars and singing. I know some of the local bands that just play in bars and clubs, and they don't even make enough money in a night to pay for their expenses. But they still play. Wanna know why? Because that's what they love to do. Any musician that's making a living from their music is a greedy, undeserving bastard anyways if they complain about not making enough money.

I doubt that they would loose almost 150 million album sales to Limewire, most people I know download one or two songs and if they like them, they buy the cd. Theres an extra sale they wouldn't get, thanks to Limewire.

[quote:lljmjsqn]

Think you'd be pissed?

Same analogy:

Think you'd be pissed?

You make it look like musicians don't make any ******* money. They already make more than they earn, regardless of how much gets stolen. How in the hell does writing some music and performing it justify the ridiculous amount they get paid. They make as much money in one year as most people work their entire life to make.

Plus, like somebody else just said, these musicians are living their dreams just to earn a living by playing music, while most of us are out there WORKING for our money, not playing guitars and singing. I know some of the local bands that just play in bars and clubs, and they don't even make enough money in a night to pay for their expenses. But they still play. Wanna know why? Because that's what they love to do. Any musician that's making a living from their music is a greedy, undeserving bastard anyways if they complain about not making enough money.[/quote:lljmjsqn]

Yep. Millions of aspiring musicians are JUST in it for the art of making music.

Never mind the fact that if they are good, they MIGHT make millions.

Ever watch the Osbournes on the Trailer TV? Think Ozzy did not BUST HIS ASS to get where he is today?

You people have a funny way of justifying stealing.

"Only a few dollars per song" X 1,987,934,234 Downloads illegally=

:Dunce:

ozzy bit a bat's head off haha, that gained him alot of money right there, i think i have to agree with yamarider

ozzy bit a bat's head off haha, that gained him alot of money right there, i think i have to agree with yamarider

So you agree that stealing from rich people makes it ok?

Wow look at how imature everyone is cursing at each other accross the computer... 20$ says that 80% of you wouldnt have the balls to show up and say it to each others faces. so just stop ******* arguing over the compputer.

And this is completly new news to me cause i jusst got my ipod and have only downloaded like 50 songs but still lol

ATV go back to your cornor.. haha just kidding We arnt arguing with each other were arguing with storydude

I doubt that they would loose almost 150 million album sales to Limewire, most people I know download one or two songs and if they like them, they buy the cd. Theres an extra sale they wouldn't get, thanks to Limewire.

thanks, that's exactly what I was saying.

[quote:fxal6xe9]I doubt that they would loose almost 150 million album sales to Limewire, most people I know download one or two songs and if they like them, they buy the cd. Theres an extra sale they wouldn't get, thanks to Limewire.

thanks, that's exactly what I was saying. [/quote:fxal6xe9]

No, you said Stealing from the Rich is ok...Because they are rich.

I still don't get how you think downloading music is stealing..

It is stealing...... it doesnt matter if you look at it as stealing or not.... copyright laws state that it is stealing therefore doing it is illegal. You could get in trouble.... chances are slim but you never know..

And the comment about doing something about storydude like getting rid of him or ETC...

Nobody really can because he hasnt done anything wrong..... He never harrased anyone or did anything really wrong.. he just stated to you what you are doing is wrong and you could face punishment. Whether you like it or not he is right.

[quote:i7mb18do]I still don't get how you think downloading music is stealing..

It is stealing...... it doesnt matter if you look at it as stealing or not.... copyright laws state that it is stealing therefore doing it is illegal. You could get in trouble.... chances are slim but you never know..

And the comment about doing something about storydude like getting rid of him or ETC...

Nobody really can because he hasnt done anything wrong..... He never harrased anyone or did anything really wrong.. he just stated to you what you are doing is wrong and you could face punishment. Whether you like it or not he is right.[/quote:i7mb18do]

Thank you. ONE beacon of enlightenment amongst the thieves.

No, someone proved to me that this site is not 100% full of irresponsible children, who have no Moral Code.

why dont u go back to "overtourqed.net" and be a prick there.

Back