I Did it! I Did it!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes ill be selling them soon and the scoop will bolt to your oem hood im also in the process of building them with a dash built in with a a hour meter and places for the neutral and rev lights
I want to get that modded Harley part. The temp gauge dipstick, But it would be cool to have a digital one and have the display on the dash :D

Here is how I'm doing mine.
Langford.jpg

Mine will have a +4 or +6 swinger also, so it will look better on it once I do that. ^ And thats a duner, not a drag bike...

They go way faster also when they are cut, and look WAY better IMO. It not like I do narrow trails, because they suck, and I'm at 52" wide. I do roads, and dunes, and wide trails.

Mine will have a +4 or +6 swinger also, so it will look better on it once I do that. ^ And thats a duner, not a drag bike...
thats a drag bike for dunes, besides the huge rear tires take a look at the front shocks, they are marvin shaw air shocks for drags

Thats a full weight bike. It is pretty much a drag bike now, but then, it was a duner. Here is a pic of a drag Raptor...
QuadRacers2.jpg

HOLY F. Duner you are the man! I want a hood (plus I still have to send you my cam and product test your skid, hahahah) Anyways, can you Vacuum form the entire hood as one piece? if you can, I will buy one ASAP and pay whatever you are asking! (in white please, but black is fine too) SUPER WICKED. The scoop looks perfect BTW.

For the full hood, keep the scoop hole solid (cut out later) and it doesn't have to have the lower mounting tabs on it, those can be riveted with aluminum after its all cut out. What you have to do is make a mold of the whole thing together, (plaster or molding clay the outside, then once that is done, fill the mold with a casting resin) then vacuum form the mold. (you only need one mold if it is done right) Cut them out and presto. Perfectly seamless custom scooped hoods! Its time in prep, but once you go the mold, your golden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFhMVCVS3xI (this guy built a 1/4 scale remote grave digger and vacuum formed his body shells)

I will make a template for these for graphics and number plates.

Hmm I could tryout the opening for the scoop is gonna look funny and my vacuum mold ain't big enough( I'm using my moms stove as the heating eliminent )

Back