Gettin ready for 2010 Race season

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome man! hope she runs awesome for ya. i got 3 different packages of parts waiting at home for mine also to be put on when i get home next weekend. i cant wait to see how that DG guard looks. hope it works out for you the way you wanted it to.

I hope to see some people at cra races here in mansfield ohio. I help with the track so come out and show support

Got the clutch in, the cooler guard and stabilizer on. The stater has some stripped bolts on the old one, I'm gunna been to drill and extract them and put some actual bolts in there place.......why in the hell Yamaha put phillips head bolts in there I have no idea. Also, there is no spec in my clymer for the clutch spring bolts yet in the write up it says to refer to the spec list??

P2070130.jpg

P2070132.jpg

P2070131.jpg

P2070134.jpg

P2070135.jpg

Oh...and if you don't have the clutch basket holder tool, just use a drill bit, and piece of fire wood and a jack.....hillbilly it out! Hahahah

P2070133.jpg

I am looking to get a stabilizer for this season. How much was yours? How is the clearance on that stabilizer relative to the exhaust? In that pic above it looks like it will hit the exhaust. Let me know if it works well or if it has a tendency to come loose.

Funny......at the starting line everyone notices the warrior and think it's nothing to worry about.....the 450's may pull away at the start but we catch them in the woods.....Us guys on the warrior are usually in better physical condition....haha.....we have to be.....and thats the reason we can keep-up with the 450's, run them down, and place in the top 5.

haha ya^^! yesterday i was racing two people and they were on ltz 400s and i beat them both on my warrior! it felt pretty good to get back to the finish line and have time to kill it get off and wait for them to finally get there! lol

yupp, its like frame guard was made to work as a cooler guard, minus the longer bolts and washers. The stabilizer clears the header by about 4" or so, plenty of room. Its a Gibson, retails for $160, I bought it for $45. It needs rebuilt though, that's another $20 for the rebuild kit. I had a stabilizer on there before (you can see the old mounting point on the stem), it was a old school PEP but it was shot and un-rebuildable, I think is was for a buggie? Ren on here currently has the same on on his bike and it looks to be brand new, he might know more about that model I couldn't find anything.

update: sidewayz and i did the flattrack again, he ended up wrecking at practice and breaking his clavical in the shoulder area.
i started in 2nd with the blaster on the inside of me and two 450s on the outside. i pulled the holeshot and led most of it but got passed by one of the 450s, but taking 1st in my class
i got the holeshot again in the main and led most of the race, when my quad jumped out of gear and the kid on the blaster passed me and he got the win

hope you get better soon sidewayz

Haha that's cool! What did the guys on the 450's say when you pulled up on your warrior?

SH@T luck ! tall quad , knobbys , recipy for disaster !!!!!!!!! First CRA race in april , Ill be ready to redeem myself . i made a total ass of myself this race . definatly not what im used to.

HAH, you build up your quad and then decide to take Zero's for a spin????? Bad idea to begin with. Anyone get vid this time from this race?

deadlastracing said:
HAH, you build up your quad and then decide to take Zero's for a spin????? Bad idea to begin with. Anyone get vid this time from this race?
I know , stupid move . sometimes I have to learn the hard way . doc said i should be back to work in two weeks . my next race is april 22 - plenty of time!

Back