Gettin ready for 2010 Race season

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
Welp, this years race season is bout to go down and I have some parts headed my way ;D Also been going strong on my preseason workout routine. Anyone else gettin ready? I know of three other locals on here that started preparing; Hecker1, sidewayz33, and beastlywarrior.

Parts I've got so far--
RM stator
EBC dirtdigger clutch
New stock front sprocket
Gibson adjustable stabilizer
DG frame/oil-cooler guard (yeah, I hate DG stuff but there the only company that makes them)

Parts I still want--
Set of beadlock Hiper rims
Flexx bars
Side frame guards
IMS pegs
Heal guards
Longer thumb throttle
Maier race-style blaster hood (maybe)
(and to get my quad dyno'd and tuned-in professionally)

Well I have just about a month and a half left till the first race, hopefully I get some of this crap I don't need, hahahah. Tax season and a possible bonus will deff. help. See yah all on the trail and be ready for some good pics this year!

not trying throw off the thread, but how do you like that dirt digger clutch? any pics of the cooler guard? didn't realize dg made anything like that.

btw, good luck with the upcoming season. i know its all in good fun, but it must feel like being a rabbit in the middle of a wolf pack on that warrior lol. looking forward to some great action pics and what not.

Haven't put the clutch on yet, gunna put everything on when it all comes in. Heres what the guard looks like, its more of a frame guard but I'll make it work over the cooler.
Picture1-18.png

HAH, thanks for thinking so highly of the wardog. I do this for fun so winning isn't my goal, its a good stress reliever and exercise. Yes, people look at me funny, and Yes, I haven't gotten a first place, YET. Most of the time I get compliments on the quad and on how I do. Only have 8 races under my belt last two seasons, a majority were DNF's or low lap count anlong side many others (getting stuck or something broke, ect.) I learned a hell of a lot though. This year I plan on making it to almost all of them so this will be the real test. The 450's are faster then the 350's but when you slap some woods and obsticals into the mix, its fair game. But its not what you ride, its how you ride it. That was proven late last year. Mark Lambright, one of the best CRA racers for years now. Money quad racer and 1st place runner, had his quad down for three races last season, so he rode his sons 300ex for fun. Finished in top five over all each time and first in his class each time! Not what you ride, how your ride it. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on how I do this year. Perhaps make a name for the warrior again.

Weird thing is that people race the rappy 350 and no-one thinks anything of it?

lol, not knockin' the warrior man. love 'em, love mine too. just a joke because i'd feel the same way. just let your skills do the talking.

it is wierd about the raptor. im like most people when i hear raptor i automatically think of the 660 or 700. 250 and 350 never crosses my mind lol.

So your gonna get bag the PRM skids and buy seperate pegs and heel guards? Thats wild that you've been racing without those for this long. Did you ever send out your banshee rear to get rebuilt?

"So your gonna get bag the PRM skids" Whach u talkin bout willis? hahah, Yeah gunna go the wide pegs and heel guard route, Was gunna get the PRM nerf's but decided against it, save some money and weight this way. Haven't sent out the rear shock just yet, I figure ill do it when it blows. No real rush.

I still feel funny on a WARRIOR at the starting line -that is. Not so funny when I beat the Rappy 660, and the 450R. They have to hate me !

HAH....something from Dollar General just came in today and man, I was missin this piece! It looks badass and also looks like it was made to cover the oil cooler!

well, hurry up and put it on lol.

Dollar General lmao, some of they're parts look like they came from the general.

BeastlyWarrior228 said:
wow i learned a lot tonight
Dude , you did fine . I was impressed with your holeshots, and your quad runs very strong . You get that thing low and wide - and the RITE tires , and you should keep up with me fine .

KICK ASS!!! Parts are in. I should be back up and running by this weekend. PUMPED, havent been on a quad since the YFM ride, I hope I still know how to use this crazy machine.

P2040117.jpg

Back