Gauging interest in building suspension components

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and if you are looking for a bender, www.pirate4X4.com has a group buy on the JD1,JD2, and Hossfeld clones. They undercut retail by 20%. Also, they ofer 30% off of the dies.

Also, check out OffroadFab.net They offer a bending software that makes tube work an eleventy billion times better, and easier. Bendtech software. Covers springback, angles, coping, ll the goodies. all one needs is a protractor, and a bender.

I know, like I said, thanks for the concern, I just wanted people to know this isnt for sure yet, thats why I havent started looking into that stuff yet.

Ill definitely check on that stuff, the JD benders are pretty sweet, and reasonably priced, but the dies tear you a new ahole.

By the way, eleventy billion is not a number....YET! haha you must watch SNL celebrity jeopardy

SEnt you a PM. Might be able to skip the machining process.

Might even be able to skip the bending process as well.......Let me check some links.

Ive been looking into this somemore and have a few things to say, and a few questions.

As of now for Aarms, the uppers will be constructed of 3/4"x.058 chromemoly. This does not affect the price much over DOM steel, but helps to make the package lighter.

Lowers will be 1.25" x .083 4130

Uppers pivot on 3/8 heims, lowers on 5/8 heims with reducers to use stock bolt.

Ball joints will be 5/8" with misalignment bushings.

This is where I have questions. Customers would need to decide whether you want high quality and sacrifice price, or sacrifice a little price for quality.

The difference isnt much, but would you rather have higher quality rod ends, these being chrome plated over zinc plated. And stainless misalignment bushings over zinc plated? Or offer all these things as options?

To use all lowest quality parts (zinc plated) would save you about $25 over the slightly better quality combination of chrome plated heims and stainless bushings.

I would have to argue with anyone trying to nickel and time on these. Its best to spend the money the first time and get the best that you can. But thats my opinion. There are plenty of people in this world who would rather get a good deal and not worry about quality then spend the money on quality.

I agree. Things like the misalignment bushings for the balljoint rodends I would much rather use Stainless Steel over Zinc plated so that you/I would never have to worry about your corroding and looking nasty, but I know a lot of you are trying to save as much $ as possible (Im a college student, I understand), so Id like to at least offer it as an option.

Usually something like aftermarket a-arms are for people that want quality and performance compared to someone just looking at nerf bars or bumpers. So I would say that for a-arms most people will be willing to spend the $25 more for the better quality parts when it comes to a performance upgrade such as a-arms.

Usually something like aftermarket a-arms are for people that want quality and performance compared to someone just looking at nerf bars or bumpers. So I would say that for a-arms most people will be willing to spend the $25 more for the better quality parts when it comes to a performance upgrade such as a-arms.
If I were you I'd look into making aluminium air boxes you could do good selling them and not worry about any lawsuites

You guys are looking at this all wrong....THEY WONT BREAK, I would not even think about doing this if I was just some hick in my wooden pole-barn building things out of scrap metal I found laying around, welding it up with my 1965 lincoln stick welder.

I will have an insurance policy backing me up, but I can almost guarantee I will never make a claim on it.

Im trained in fabrication, I have a $3000 lincoln TIG machine, I feel that TIG welding is an art, thats how seriously I take it.

I guess I dont see this as everyone else does, if I was looking for a set of nice Aarms and could choose between bottom of the line, bought on ebay, non-adjustable arms; and a set that looked just like LSRs race version for half the price... Id be pretty happy.

Why dont we do this. Ill sell the first set to the first person to reply to this AT COST, they can try them out and review them. If you then still think that it was Joe Dirt building them, then I wont do it.

dud never say they wont break any thing can break no matter how well built it is
That true, I have seen lsr, and walsh go down.

Best of luck to you man if you decide to do this, If i had the money i'd buy a pair from you to try.

I just want to say to everyone here, that the remarks made by me in this thread were in no way an attack on the OP. Just trying to drive some points home.

I have talked to him, and he knows his ****. If he is able to make a set for an 88- I would buy them in a heartbeat.

If he is able to make a set for an 88- I would buy them in a heartbeat.

86 to 04 are all the same, only the 86 to 88 had the square headlight mounted further down than the one's on the 89 and up. They also stuck with the square headlight from 86 to 92 then went to the round style in 1993. Everything is the same beside's the Headlight Mount and Hound from 86 to 04.

To get down deeper into it, when i e-mailed LeoVince for sponsorship, i got a reply saying they don't make an exhaust for a 1998 Warrior, so i then put pic of a 1986 frame and a pic of a 2004 frame side by side, exact same angel's and sent to them saying their all the same. So they then offered sponsorship just for correcting that.

Some part's might not look identical from a 86 to 92 compaired to a 93 to 04, but everything still bolt's up the same beside's the Hood and Headlight.

Update:

The bender is on the way, so within 3-4 weeks Ill have an initial set made to get pictures of what the actual for sale ones will look like, since they will be slightly different than mine. By that time I should have the website up and running, and possibly some other parts designed, just in time for xmas.

Still no takers on the initial set for at cost pricing?

Hey if this little buisness o yours kicks off, let me know if you will be able to make a-arms for other quads, My yellow z could use some extending

Sorry guys, but theres no way I can sell them that cheap, Im sure most of you understand why people go into business, most of the time its not for fun, its to make money, and I cant even come close to doing that for anything less than $350.

dude, if you sell for half that and blow away ALL the competition, you could make a shitload of money. What is it that costs so much? And iof someone was to spend that much, they might as well get some wickeds and go with a brand they can trust. (no offense to you dude, but u get what im saying)

No one seems to believe me that my cost alone is close to $200. Then the fact that even though its my own venture, my time is worth money and these take a good while to make, so Im not going to give you labor for free and make zero money, why would I do that?

Then, even if I could make the materials cost less, I dont have the resources to produce enough of them to supply people if they sell like crazy.

And finally, you make it sound like Im undercutting the big name companies by a few bucks, were talking several hundred dollars that a comparable set would cost you. I understand you saying you dont think you can trust me, but why would you trust anyone else with your life instead? Whos to say the guy welding wickeds or lonestars arms isnt a moron having a bad day? Id rather buy from a company where its one person doing all the work, straight from raw material to finished product, not 10 different people making each part then someone else welding it up.

Latest posts

Back