First Gen Club

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone explain what the valve stem cap carb mod is? I have run across that being mentioned a few times and have no idea what it is. Thanks.

After opening it up it will make sense. It takes up the play from the throttle shaft to the accelerator pump shaft.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

So the cap sits on top of the accelerator pump shaft and takes up the gap between that shaft and the piece that pushes it down, right? That makes sense seeing that there is a nice little gap between the two.

Ok dumb question, but here it goes...
The front plastics on the 2nd gens are 2 pieces right?? Not the molded one piece like the 1st gens?
And are the mounting points the same??? Or are just the aftermarket plastics 2 pieces?

Joining with my 88

Joining with my 88.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 19
Those that have replaced the balljoints, how did you remove them? Did you use the balljoint removal tool or did you use something else? I just ordered all new balljoints and i cant find the tool anywhere online for sale now, ive seen it months ago but now cant find it so im wondering of other ways i can remove the balljoints.
Thanks in advance

All you need is a good pipe wrench. That's how I used to do it. Just enough meat to grab on the ball joints.

I used a pipe wrench also, they came out pretty easy. I saw a comment by Pat a while back about using it and tried it when I replaced mine and it worked very well. Thanks btw for the info about that Pat.

Thanks for all the advice, Im gonna start on my quad as soon as I get this polaris 525 out of my garage. Or I might have to do a motor swap before it leaves, I dont think the guy will notice a difference

I used a pipe wrench also, they came out pretty easy. I saw a comment by Pat a while back about using it and tried it when I replaced mine and it worked very well. Thanks btw for the info about that Pat.

Glad to be of service:tup:

Latest posts

Back