Fastest 350 Ever?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dyno sheets really don't let out any secrets on the engine work done. Dyno results can also be altered by changing some parameters such as corrected altitude and temperature and other things. I watched the guys I used to work for do it. Not saying it's right, but they did it on occasion.
Question is, if you don't have a dyno sheet then how do you know you are at 70 HP?

Same build on another bike was 70hp. I'm getting it dyno'd next spring though.

A guy that went to the dunes with us a while back had a Raptor 700. He bought it new and hadn't made but maybe a couple payments on it. Pretty much stock except for aftermarket dual exhaust. He had the guys at the shop at the dunes dyno it. They did some pulls as it sat and was at like 43 HP. They tweaked the fuel parameters in the computer system on it and got it up to 47 HP.

Ok getting back on track here. I'd go with the je 12:1 piston and powroll race (topend) cam and valve springs. would probably be best to get a +1 intake valve put in while your at it. with some decent porting and a 38 to 39mm carburetor it should go just fine on a drag strip. Realisticly i don't know if you will get it down to 280 pounds, but maybe 300 to 310 might be reachable. a stock warrior is around 410 pounds. dropping more than 100 pounds isn't going to be easy.

I took all the stuff I had off it, put it in a big box, weighed it, and subtracted what the box weighed.

Yeah. That's how it will be until I am/if I get done. I want a true test evantually though.

Yeah that would definitely be nice to see. I'm not sure how you'd do it though? I guess one of the big truck scales or maybe a scale at a dump?

A lot of the grain elevators will weigh stuff for a few bucks. There is a salvage yard close by here that sends guys down the street to the elevator to weigh before and after they unload. Not sure what it cost, but not much.

I took it for a spin today. It is an absolute beast. SO MUCH faster than I thought it would ever be, even with motor work. I seriously cant keep the front end down in 2nd, and it comes right up in 3rd.

No. Not going 446 if I'm spending that kind of money. I'd rather spray it. But first, I want to see how fast I can get it without motor work.

Yeah. 270lbs. It feels really nice while riding it. I'm not shooting for maybe 250 or so. I myself have been loosing weight. Went from 125 to 120 in a week. Hoping to get around 110lbs.

Back