Exhaust Comparison

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had the white bros on my 2000 warrior when i got it then i put a two bros pipe for a raptor 350 on it sounds alot better & gave it more power

i loved y supertrapp, liked the sound. i didnt realy find it all that loud realy..
i dont recall how many plates it had in it at the time..

now yu wanna talk about loud, you should hear it when the whole baffle/plate section and packing craps out and lands on the trail behind you!

6miles away and they could here me back at camp through the heavy bush!

luckily it was parked when the campgrounds attendents came buy and inquired if we had the "Realy loud bike" in our midst.. theres always a few machines in the area at the pits and the trails etc.

I looked at em, and i was like "Nope. No loud bikes here.."
and thought to myself, one helluva loud quad tho.. lol

I wonder if it would be possible to jet a machine thats straight piped? no baffle etc in it.

i enjoyed how loud it was, although after the 20-30min ride back to camp, my ears were ringing for 2 days afterwards, and buddy behind me said it was hellishly loud as well, he could barely stand it! (Not to mention, it would shoot the dust and small rocks at em as they flew up into the exhaust blast path.. lol

i had began to think it would be easier to rejet for straight pipe than try to keep the baffle etc inside the supertrapp.. damn thing would jsut never stay in after that.. realy would like to stay with a tuneable exhaust tho, although i never had any other parts to tune it, just what was on it when i bought it.. lol

~L

I must be gettin old b/c that's just too much for me, lol! I'd like to repack my Trapp but I can't get it apart, lol!

must be nice.. i couldnt keep mine together!!! haha

almost as bad as my tires..usualy dont last more than about 20-40 mins before i peel a bead or something on at least one of em.. and i even put tubes in the rears.. lol i spent alot of time riding with this tire or that tire basicaly flat.. lol realy gotta get some bead locks or somthing..

I checked it out a lil, looks like the competition version comes with 3 baffled that change out to adjust backpressure. Kinda the same principle as a disc type muffler but not quite as fine a tune as one disc at a time.
I still like what the system has to offer & may upgrade to the HMF competition system in the future & just keep the ole Trapp around on the shelf.

I've been reading this thread a little and I feel like posting my opinion.

Another vote for HMF. I've never actually had an HMF but that's what I'm planning on buying since I like the sound of them. More than anything I care about how a pipe sounds.

I currently have an FMF MegaMax II and I hate it. I don't care for the sound at all and the spark arrestor on it is just plain weird. It's what came with my Warrior, gotta get something else.

I have the HMF competition series it gives it a lot more responsive throttle and really is only loud when on the throttle hard but I also just purchased the quiet core insert for it and now it's the perfect tone and still has all the power available. and I have the DG supertrap on the 01 I just got love it but still trying to find the sweet spot with the disc's it had 12 and I took it down to 7 to quiet it down some but gotta get a new clutch and clutch cable for it now and same with my 02 needs the clutch, oil cooler mod and new cable

Thank's and do you think a power header make's a difference ?

Has anyone weighed their exhaust? i put a stock 350 raptor muffler on the scale last night and it weighs 8lbs. DG claims their round muffler weighs 5.5lbs savings of 2 1/2 or so. wonder if any others are lighter than that

Latest posts

Back