Exhaust Comparison

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so nobodies really said if the old style supertrapp is ok compaired to the new style mufflers..... Supertrapp #027-0800 with 6 4" disks closed end cap... This style muffler has the stepped pipe from stock header.. The Dg mufflers have copied this style... Anyways is this any better or worse than the rest???? Is the stock better than the rest?????? Really don't see any results other than perference.. on the mufflers!!
Somebody give me some real results I can sink my teeth into...

You're not going to get any solid facts on this. If someone claims to know which is the best it's still just their opinion of it. Nobody has taken a warrior and compared all the exhausts out there to see which works the best. And "best" is going to be dependent on your own application anyways. You're talking about something with a thousand variables and asking which one stands above the others. Things like where you want your power gain to be (low end, midrange, top end), what your acceptable sound output is, what the budget is, what mods are done to the machine, etc. There's just too many things.

Just stay away from the cheap junk and stuff you've heard negative things about. The old supertrapps are fine exhausts, I have one on my enduro bike and to me it's as good as any other disc type exhaust out there. Of course that's my opinion, anybody else can have a different opinion of it.

yep just like yamahrider said. i like my supertrapp, but there are those who do not like them. the only problem is i can not get it apart to repack it, but my brother bought it brand new in 1997 and it has never been opened. but 12 years later, i cant complain about it, just wish it would come apart to repack it. but i would like to try other exhausts, but i am not going to spend money to try something else when i am 100% happy with what i have

Yama...I wouldn't be to quick to say that no official company ever did a exhaust comparison......not necessarily true. I do recall reading some time ago (in a article that was dated) a company doing a modded warrior test to try and make one the best that it could possibly be. Thy swapped in many different parts and ran dyno runs o0n everything they tired. That where my claim that the White Bro's e-series is the best because it gave that test the best result......but as IU stated it was a while ago and I'm sue a newer company had put in some new technology that could be better since then.

If I come across that article again Ill be sure to post up some more info.

My bigger point I was trying to get across is that the "best" exhaust in one particular application can be on the bottom of the list for a different application. There's too many points of performance to name any as a single best, even if somebody did take a warrior and the 20 something kinds of exhausts out there and tune in and test every single one on a dyno, you're still only showing what works best for that particular build.

ya i have a supertrapp aluminum racing exhaust and i like it and it sounds good and its also got 12 tuning discs

???my favorite ever exhaust which is what ive now is the dg krome power exhaust and ive ridden a couple of different systems and why does dg not say "any pipe" they have the rcm the rcm 2 the krome power exhaust and the bullet slip on!

I'm casting my vote for NOT A BIG GUN. When I got my exhaust from them, years ago, everything bolted up just fine. The problem was that the length of the muffler was insane. The thing stuck out a few inches PAST the grab bar. When I called the company back, his reply was like, "Oh well, nothing I can do about it". I was pissed off because I regularly use the grab bar to stand the machine up for loadin/unloading, and for general maintenance. So I decided to trim it down to fit. Thats when I noticed the ill-fitment of the endcap. For the money I spent on it, I really expected it to fit in a way that made sense, and for the quality to be top notch.

hmmm.. interesting.. if its all about "Free-Flowing" and opening up the engine, what about a straight pipe sorta exhaust?

I currently have a suppertrapp.. likely an older one.. it came with the machine. I realy have nothing to compare it too.

today I blew out a big chunk of my header/midpipe. its kinda interesting.. but you wanna hear loud? Im honest to god still deaf in one ear from limping it home.
So I find myself here in this thread.

Just kinda wondering about the ole back pressure thing, and the thought of running it straight pipe, what it should do performance wise... I know sound levels.. well, its just stupid loud now.. obvously.

I cant help but think when trying to figure out/learn more about my quad, I ended up finding supertrapps website and d-lowding some info for it.

basicaly there was a trade off.. louder and higher HP VS Quieter and torque.

dont know how much sense this makes and all..

anyone see any down side to doin up a straight pipe and then re-jetting?
(Sure, I might put some form of spark arrestor on there, but for me, volume and such dont realy matter much..)

this way I can do the exhaust myself lol, free, aside from maybe a stick of pipe from work and my time to bend etc...

Im awefully tempted to do it... and basicaly, with the leaks and such mine has, its pretty much a free flowing exhaust already...
(Well, its totaly free flowing now with the big 3-4inch chunk length of half the pipe missing...)

hmmm.. interesting.. if its all about "Free-Flowing" and opening up the engine, what about a straight pipe sorta exhaust?

But you do need some back pressure i put a straight pipe on my yfz and it seriously runs 5x better with the stock exhaust rather than the straight pipe.

But if your looking for a really cool and loud sound and power dont matter to you then straight pipe it.

Last edited:
yeah, I decided against that. I rode her to work this mornin.. my nieghbours now prolly hate me.. haha.

But I welded up the cracks, and welded on a piece of patch pipe over the hole. and I fixed my other leak since I had to rip her all apart anyhow..

I think In the near future when funds are more permitting I'll get a new pipe and exhaust.
Gimme some time to look deeper into the matter.

Are you running the stock exhaust now?

Stock/repaired header/midpipe, with supertrapp exhaust.
the PO "repacked" the supertrapp jsut before I got it.
Im not so confident he knew what he was doing, although I suspect he was at least competent... of course I only made it 1/4 mile of riding before my cam took a dump.. lol

and now today once I got the exhaust all repaired, I can see fibers/insulation type looking stuff trailing wisps out the one missing bolt hole, and a hair or two out the tuning discs.. lol

not to mention, they tried welding aluminum to steel.. didnt hold.. so I re-did it, and its holding so far.. but it wont last. who knows what other aborations are involved inside that supertrapp though.

It suffice for the time being. I aim to have a fully new complete exhaust by next spring. Unless it doesnt hold out till winter, then I'll be forced to bite the bullet and replace it all sooner.

I made my own muffler... Not for a Warrior, but a quadsport.

Nice work. Wonder if you could use a cherry bomb (glass pack) muffler on an ATV? They are cheap, and compact, but wonder if the back pressure and noise levels would be acceptable?

I have a FMF on my new warrior. When it was running it sounded ok and ran decent. It has the PB header too. On my old 94 I had the HMF sport series. It was way louder in all parts of acceleration. It was just a great addition!! I have to go HMF!!

Latest posts

Back