Exhaust Comparison

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on what that particular dealer orders their parts through. The kawasaki dealer here won't even order aftermarket parts period, just factory kawa parts. The powersports shop I go to has 15 different catalogs he can order parts from plus he has connections all over the place to get even the most hard to find parts and for cheap. It all depends on where you go.

that makes sense i guess ill have to check other dealers and see what they can do, i know my closest dealer wouldnt, and another place that does alot of modding on quads and sleds didnt even have hmf in their books i guess ill have to make some calls

Anybody know if an HMF will pass at 96db with the quiet core? Really would rather go with the HMF, but I'm in CA, and they can be strict sometimes. Would I just be better off with a Yoshimura?

You'd be pretty close to that if not over, i'd guess it to be more like 98 even with the quiet core, so the yosh may be the way to go for you. I'm not wild about the way hmf's sound with the quiet core in anyways.

Thanks, that's kind of where I was leaning, but like to hear other views. I liked the sound of the unplugged HMF, but had read that with the quiet core it was still pretty loud. Think I'll go find a yoshi then.

HMF sounds better then the Yosh but the yosh is quieter and makes better power in the upper RPMs thats why I use it. But somtimes I like the sound of the HMF and I use that one, esp. for trail riding, I'll still take more midrange. haha ;D

what about gyt-r its like the best pipe ever for the 350s...i cant beleve its that low

I just acquired and LRD Pro 4 slip-on for my wife Raptor, one of my old sponsors got me a smoke'n deal on it. Should be here next week. Of the LRD systems I've seen 1st hand, theyre pretty damn good.

I can post pics when I get it installed, if anyones interested.

I've heard the LRD, and that is LOUD. I thought my stock pipe w/o the baffle was pretty loud though too. I liked the throaty sound, but prefer the quieter pipes better. I do alot of trail riding and I like to keep people happy, that's why I opted for an FMF Q2 on my Raptor350. I paired it with an FMF Powercore, and it is an amazing combination that is way quieter then stock, and adds a bit of snap as well. I'm very pleased, and when I took her to the track, I was the only one that wasn't obnoxiously loud, I got quite a few comments about it actaully.

Oh and to let you guys know, the Warrior and Raptor 350 headers are interchangable.

i have a motoworks s4r exhaust on my yfz450 its awesome i had a carbon fiber gytr but it busted out dont but carbon if you do mx they break to easy but the motoworks pipe is flat out a great pipe you should take a look at it

I made my own muffler... Not for a Warrior, but a quadsport. Here's how I did it:

DCP_2913.jpg

Top is a stock Warrior muffler. Next down is a Jardine for a quadsport. Next is a driveshaft I found at a house I bought. Last is a stock quadsport muffler (sorta hacked up).

DCP_2916.jpg

Pipe with some holes drilled in it. Looks about right... I read that Harley uses 8 rows of holes, so I went by that.

DCP_2919.jpg

Gettin ready to wrap.

DCP_2920.jpg

I read that stainless steel wool protects the fiberglass from blowing out, but I only had regular steel wool, so I used that. Later a friend told me he knew a guy that stuffed his muffler with steel wool and caused a fire. :eek: Oops. Oh well, hasn't happened to me so far.

DCP_2922.jpg

Next is the fiberglass matting I had. Its pretty thick and should last a long time. Kinda looks like a stoggie, lol. Nice n tight too....

DCP_2926.jpg

Nope, fiberglass doesn't burn.

DCP_2928.jpg

Wrap n stuff! Used some kind of wire screen to hold it together to make it easier to stuff.

DCP_2937.jpg

Welded on the brackets and put some high temp black paint on.... Doesn't look too bad for stuff I had laying around.

Performance is great! I had to drill my main jet up several sizes after installing it. Nice n quiet just putting around... I could sneak up on you as long as you didn't see me,,, but open up the throttle and it screams pretty good. I love it!

Just need to figure out a spark arrestor now.

Oh, its not as heavy as it looks either. I'd guess somewhere around 3-4 lbs.... I know its not as heavy as a 5lb barbell plate. Driveshafts are light. And the stiff, round design makes the most sense holding in the pressure (sound = pressure). The "flat" sides of on oval will flex and let the sound out.

That's kinda cool, it turned out better than i expected from the hack job it started out looking like.

LOL! Well, its just a quadsport and I figured it beats paying 300+ for a muffler when the quad only cost $200 to begin with. :D

The Warrior would need a much bigger driveshaft, but it already has a FMF and, although loud, its brings out the power.

I have a DG pipe and i love it...it sounds great its not that loud when u don't want it to be but when you get on it, its loud...i got it for 140 bucks off ebay brand new, best 140 dollars spent...also jetted it...i love it

Hi has anyone heard of or tried a doma racing slip on muffler??? Looks like a copy of the FMF power core type muffler.. They're suppost to be made in italy and are designed for cafe' type racing... I got one made for my warrior seems good but I don't have a stock muffler to compare it to in performance.... I hade a supertrapp slip on type.. old style.. 027-0800 4" disk ..

Any idea's

Latest posts

Back