engine overheating??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbigxredx

Reaction score
hey guy, ive got a Warrior with a .040 over Wisco 10.25 piston, DG full exhaust, K&N filter w cut up airbox lid, Rev box, Jet kit and a few other mods. i recently installed a TrailTech Vapor dash wich is totally great! but its reading that my warrior runs at about 375-400 degrees under hard running and around 300 degrees under putting around conditions. ive got a 150 main jet. im going to install an externall oil cooler very soon, i just need the hoses and itll go on.
is my bike running hot or is this normal?? please help!

i was thinking you're main jet sounds a little low for the mods you have. as soon as you install the cooler you should see a difference in the temp.

how exactly do you have this vapor hooked up? always wondered how they get their readings.

thats what i suspected too but 150 is the largest i have, im gonna actually drill out a spare one i have with a small drillbit and if i had to guess it will turn out to be about a 160, ill see how that goes and let you know.
i tell you what man, those Trailtech Vapors are the coolest thing in the world, i would recomend it to anybody, its super easy to hook up, just takes a little time and wiring skills, it has so many cool features and i bought mine for around $120 on ebay and its well worth it

for the mods you have i would think a 147.5 would be best, unless your elevation is way different then mine...

isn't there a like a 152.5 or something? i'd try maybe a little bigger. not 160 though.

Drill out a jet? Hahahhaha. Have fun with that mistake. Your temp is a little high, Consider putting a cooler on. How does the trail tech take the temp?

okay guys, its a spare jet, ive got like 15 lying around so its just an expirement and 160 was just a guess, to be exact, its a 1/16" drill bit and im not sure what that equals, yes im running a HUGE external oil cooler with a fan, i ordered the hoses today, the Vapor does use a washer type sensor that fits between the spark plug and engine and im guessing its acurate

okay guys, its a spare jet, ive got like 15 lying around so its just an expirement and 160 was just a guess, to be exact, its a 1/16" drill bit and im not sure what that equals, yes im running a HUGE external oil cooler with a fan, i ordered the hoses today, the Vapor does use a washer type sensor that fits between the spark plug and engine and im guessing its acurate

Do you have a picture of your oil cooler set up?

Latest posts

Back