dream car

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What year is that beastly? I don't keep up with the engine codes, I go by vehicle year.

Funny, I hate the new body. The nose is too long, the A pilar is right in your line of site, the interior has too many fancy knobs, everything has plastic chrome accents... Just not impressed. The updated new body is a little more refined. Still not crazy about it. Although, I'm in LOVE with the new chassis. That is a sweet piece of metal. Everything is super beefed up. Even more cross memebers, hydro formed, fully boxed, 3" wide leafs, torsion bars x2 the size of the previous, tie rods are way beefier, control arm bolts are larger, calipers are bigger, rotors thicker, the list goes on. I'd like to put that chassis under my 01. But then, my chassis is no joke either.

only diesel i'd own is a cummins. best fuel economy (with proper exhaust and intake) straight 6 diesels are proven to last longer and have fewer mechanical problems. and the 5.9 is a mini tractor trailer engine ;P

Funny, I hate the new body. The nose is too long, the A pilar is right in your line of site, the interior has too many fancy knobs, everything has plastic chrome accents... Just not impressed. The updated new body is a little more refined. Still not crazy about it. Although, I'm in LOVE with the new chassis. That is a sweet piece of metal. Everything is super beefed up. Even more cross memebers, hydro formed, fully boxed, 3" wide leafs, torsion bars x2 the size of the previous, tie rods are way beefier, control arm bolts are larger, calipers are bigger, rotors thicker, the list goes on. I'd like to put that chassis under my 01. But then, my chassis is no joke either.
thats what really matters though

id also like a ZR2 S10 with a 4bt cummins swap

take that back... i'd take a 6 speed dirtmax. the cummins would have to be a 5 or 6 speed also.. i dont do that auto crap

I think that has to do with the body, 88. Because, that is the EXACT same chassis as the 01-07 trucks. My 01 is a standard, cab long bed, 2500hd 4x4 sierra, and out handles most cars, and rides so smooth it will lull you to sleep. Litterally, it will, I have fallen asleep behind the wheel of that truck. My mom's truck is same (only silverado) and it is a crew cab long bed. Rides ultra smooth, and is great on those long family trips. Handles well for a big truck, too.

I'll stick with the old detroit 6.5 turbo. Not the most powerful diesel ever made... But I can actually work on those, and parts don't break the bank. lol

only diesel i'd own is a cummins. best fuel economy (with proper exhaust and intake) straight 6 diesels are proven to last longer and have fewer mechanical problems. and the 5.9 is a mini tractor trailer engine ;P

I am not impressed with the cummins. They last, yes. But, I worked for a company that ran them, and they sucked to tow with. Was not impressed with the power at all. They were all stick, so that is a contributing factor (loosing boost when shifting). And yeah, I know that they really wake up with a tuner, and exhaust. But, everyone says they are "sooo" awesome stock, well, I hated driving them. Is it tough, yes. Does it handle mods well, yes. Is it a simple design, yes. Do I like it, no. My truck out pulls it. I've proven it.

And you shouldn't have to invest in a $300 tuner, and $600 exhaust to make it perform if it is supposidly so powerfull from factory.

Last edited:
And I'd never have a stick to tow with ever. Again, tough, yes and proven. However... the allison is the BEST trans ever freakin made, an NO stick will ever compare or keep up with it. Ok, they have the c2 clutch failure, but that mainly only happens when making serious power. Easy remedy, hd pressure plate (it's nearly a 1/2" thick). Like all man made things they have there tsb's, but I haven't seen very many **** up. The ones I have are do to operator error and neglect. Even our trans guy has only ever rebuilt 2 (from us, both performance builds), and he has been building transmissions for thirty years. Ever need a trans built, he is the guy to do it. But, to each their own.

I'll stick with the old detroit 6.5 turbo. Not the most powerful diesel ever made... But I can actually work on those, and parts don't break the bank. lol

I can do one better. I would take a late model 6.2 naturally asperated diesel, with the th400. About the only issues I've read that they had were; the harmonic balancers would go bad, and would make the crank break, the fix, new better balancer. The glow plugs. And, I the heads COULD crack and need sleeving. I think that is it.

i dont tow... maybe a singe horse in a trailer once ever 3 years lol... i just like my driving toys! would mostly be used for playing in mud and 4wheelin

Yeah I tow a lot. Have horses in the trailer going all over the east coast more then 2 dozens times a year, plus all the local towing I do. Hauling hay, moving equiptment. I've had 9 tons on the truck before, and down the road I go, I don't even think twice about it.

I can do one better. I would take a late model 6.2 naturally asperated diesel, with the th400. About the only issues I've read that they had were; the harmonic balancers would go bad, and would make the crank break, the fix, new better balancer. The glow plugs. And, I the heads COULD crack and need sleeving. I think that is it.
Yah the 6.2's are tuff if you take care of them, but their super duper gutless.. lol
My brother has a 87' that has over 500,000kms on it. It burns a bit of oil, but it runs great.

Latest posts

Back