cheap water cooling?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not worth it , imo. Just adding more wheight with the radiator, hoses, coolant, pump, etc... Just stick with stock.

i so think if you wanted to cut the cost of the crank mods you could most likely mill the jug down and use the stock crank for a 362 liquid cooled warrior or go .20 over on the jug for 366
That would be really cool, but I keep going back to one thought.
Where the hell are you gonna mount the rad??
It would have to be somewhere it can't get fucked up.

Not worth it , imo. Just adding more wheight with the radiator, hoses, coolant, pump, etc... Just stick with stock.

its more about having something ppl say cant be done

That would be really cool, but I keep going back to one thought.
Where the hell are you gonna mount the rad??
It would have to be somewhere it can't get fucked up.

i have no clue yet but im not scared of frame modding to get one to fit

yeah thats the same ones i found ... i message a local place that has a totaled kodiak they are parting out about prices

Don't get me wrong, I understand that^^^. But, to spend the money to do it to get the same power out of it, and make a heavy bike heavier...
Well it's like something I've been thinking about?
I found a 86' YZ250 jug, and head. I could mate it to the 465 cases I have, and run a more trail friendly liquid cooled setup. I'd just need a rad. Then a crank, and piston.

But I would make less power, and not near the torque of the 490. Not to mention the added weight I've been try'n so hard to avoid.
Makes me wonder if it's worth it?
I would really like to build a custom cylinder for a liquid cooled 490.:evilface:

well i might try this for my project im working mathius , just adds to the list of parts that shouldnt be on it

Last edited:
Well I think you could build a badass motor out of that 400 cylinder. I bet it would have more jam than you think it would. I can't see why you couldn't use the older 400 crank, and bore the **** out of it.

its more about having something ppl say cant be done

Don't get me wrong, I understand that^^^. But, to spend the money to do it to get the same power out of it, and make a heavy bike heavier...

liquid cooling has major benefits. once you bore so far it's hard to keep an engine cool (liquid cooling you could go to the max). liquid cooled engines generally produce more HP due to better cooling. the generally dont need to be rebuilt as often... due to better cooling... the point here is the more efficient the cooling system the more power you can produce and the longer the engine life. and lets face it... air cooling an engine isn't very efficient... it leaves hot spots in the cylinder walls. i say it's worth doing if it can be done

If it bolts up, it should work, does the Kodiak use the same wrist pin? If so, get a stroker or stock crank and a Kodiak piston, have the jug milled, then your running a 362+ I'd run it! But I dont need a third spare motor, but if this works out, I may end up with one!

Yeah I know of the bennies. But, I just can't justify spending the money. My bike runs cool. I've seen more liquid cooled quads and bikes over heat then their air cooled counterparts.

And as for using the 400 crank... You will have to fab a custom clutch cover for it to fit. The right side crank spindle is way too long to fit in with the stock cover. It's that, or, cut off the crank spindle from the warrior and weld it to the 400 crank.

you would just use the warrior crank ,have it stroked 7mm and uses the kodiak rod ..... there is no need to run the 400 crank ...

Why use a 7mm? If you punch the Kodiak cylinder 080 over its 380ish cc non stroked! And why use a Kodiak rod? That still dont make sense

thats if you dont mill in the jug down ... the kodiak has a 7mm more stroke than the warrior and uses a longer rod .... i dont know if you have to use the kodiak rod or not yet but longer rod would take away some side load on the piston

Latest posts

Back