cheap water cooling?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if we were talkin spm, at 120 you'd know its coming, at 300 spm.....i'd shoot ya in the eye wide open :eek: :haha: (spm anyone, just sippin an laughin, havin fun lol)

whatcha trying to figure out?
I need to get my lighting coil rewound so it makes at least 75 watts.. Then I need to float my ground, and get a regulator to charge a 12 volt battery.
I read that if you float the ground on these old 6 volt systems, they'll produce about 14 volts in the upper RPM's.. :iagree:

But like I said, I'm still working on it.

I need to get my lighting coil rewound so it makes at least 75 watts.. Then I need to float my ground, and get a regulator to charge a 12 volt battery.
I read that if you float the ground on these old 6 volt systems, they'll produce about 14 volts in the upper RPM's.. :iagree:

But like I said, I'm still working on it.

you may be able to rob some of the electrical components from a old yamaha dt. they used 12v batteries to power hi-lo beam headlight, tail/brake light, blinkers, horn and suck and they were 2strokes and used dual coils (one for ignition and one for charging the batt and running lights) so they have voltage regs and all that. something to look into ;)

ok guy was thinking today after reading about the fst 500cc kit that uses 400 kodiak parts and look up kodiak parts that it looks like we might be able to build a 401 liquid cooled warrior motor using an 03 kodiak jug and head with an electric water pump ,7mm crank , kodiak 400 rod and 60 over piston or stock kodiak 400 piston

the kodiak has a 84.5 bore X 71.5 stroke
the warrior has a 83 bore X 64.5 stroke

and dean has a 84.5 (.60 over ) piston

anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
I've been thinking about using a crank from a 400 big bear, but, you'd need to heavily mod the clutch cover for it to work. It's that or, cut off and weld the right side crank spindle from the warrior to the big bear lobe.

back on topic here are pics of the head and jug

IMGP3008.jpg

IMGP5591.jpg

and here is link to a water pump i think will work
http://www.emp-corp.com/products/advanced/WP29-electric-water-pump/#

Last edited:
should be the same as the 400 air cooled and that fits ... for the crank it will need a 7mm stroke and kodiak 400 rod

so i think if you wanted to cut the cost of the crank mods you could most likely mill the jug down and use the stock crank for a 362 liquid cooled warrior or go .20 over on the jug for 366

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back