98 warrior starting/running problem.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im pretty sure its the start/killswitch thats messed up. i took it off the bars and wiggled it around and it tried to start so im goin to get a new one and see if that fixes the problem.

yea its my starter/kill switch. i re grounded the terminals on the solenoid and took apart the connector for the switch on the bars and it was full of dirt. after i cleaned it it would take less of wiggleing around for it start but works 90% of the time. so im lookin for one right now. thanks yamahauler and gen1 for all the help!! i appreciate it fellas!

Hey no prob. We aren't members of this site just because of all the hot chicks that follow us around wearing yfm350.com supporter, t-shirts.

It wouldn't hurt though right? (to have hot chicks in T-shirts follow us around)lol more publicity for the war crowd

We have one girl here that can take the licks as well as dish them out, warriorgirl09. Hell she even works on all her own stuff. Cant scare that girl away!!!!! LOL

^^THATS WHATS UP!! i know a chick like that but with her truck. smokin fine, works at hooters with DOUBLE D's :):):)

Clint Eastwood said it best in Gran Torino, when speaking his mind to Tho' about the hot girl in Tho's basement, called her "Yum Yum". Nothin wrong with a little Yum Yum. Hehe.

Nah, just gotta get the right plug, NGK8? I believe? Someone will chime in. Alot of use are now running the an E3 plug thou, Which I want to run once I can find out which one to buy.

I'd go over your electrical system, take it all off and retape it al and use dielectric grease in all the fittings. First thing I'd do.

alright so i put my new switch on and seemed to fix my problem. its been sittin in my garage but i would start it from time to time and worked fine ever since. i rode it today around my neighborhood came back killed it then forgot to run the gas out of the carb so i tried to start it back up and the solienoid just clicked. my battery is charged but i put it on the charger till i get off at 6 just to make sure..im 90 percent sure thats not my prob. i was thinkin about taking it to yamaha to have them test the stator and stater but ill prob pull the clutch cover and check the gears and make sure everything is good. just makin sure im doin the right thing to go about fixing this.

alright so i put my new switch on and seemed to fix my problem. its been sittin in my garage but i would start it from time to time and worked fine ever since. i rode it today around my neighborhood came back killed it then forgot to run the gas out of the carb so i tried to start it back up and the solienoid just clicked. my battery is charged but i put it on the charger till i get off at 6 just to make sure..im 90 percent sure thats not my prob. i was thinkin about taking it to yamaha to have them test the stator and stater but ill prob pull the clutch cover and check the gears and make sure everything is good. just makin sure im doin the right thing to go about fixing this.

It's good to hear that one of your issues has gotten resolved. While I was reading through this, I wanted to contribute, what I have had to do on my new "Old" machine.

I have found corrosion, which is a form of oxidation, on all of my electrical connections. Basically, it's a minor form of electrolysis. I have pulled apart EVERY electrical connection, inspected, scraped away/ cleaned the contact points, and applied some Di-Electric grease.

It is a specific electrical grease that is "Engineered" to inhibit the oxidation from recurring. You can pick a tube up at the local Auto parts stores.

The results are brighter Headlights, (again), crisp ignition (I even put it on the coil chassis grounds),

and my switches aren't "Bi-Polar," anymore........:haha:

Just thought that I'd add my $ .02.......

-Rhyno

thanks for the imput man. before i got my new switch the only parts i cleaned where the terminals on the solienoid and the connections for the switch( which were full of dirt) with electrical connection cleaner from work. im pretty sure all the gears for the starter are good cuz it will start. and the solienoid clicks so im sure thats good so only thing left is stator and starter?

just went and tapped on the starter while tryin to start it and it fired up so im about to order a starter and hope/should be the fix to my problem.

Have you ruled out the stator? is it getting spark while it is not starting?

Back