98 warrior starting/running problem.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep we'll get you thru the basics and then go as far as needed to help you get this figured out. If you cant tell we all prefer to start cheap/free checking/replacing and then go from there!!! It also helps that there are just a few things that the warriors are known for so its usually pretty easy to track down an issue.

yep we'll get you thru the basics and then go as far as needed to help you get this figured out. If you cant tell we all prefer to start cheap/free checking/replacing and then go from there!!! It also helps that there are just a few things that the warriors are known for so its usually pretty easy to track down an issue.

yes sir and thats why i love forums i keep tellin my buddy that just bought his 05 yfz 450 (paid 2000, stole that one to) to get on forums cuz you can learn like no other on them. ie. iv heard warriors are known for boggin down but are a pretty solid bike.

You can put an inline spark tester on it and watch it to see if it looses spark, or if its "quaility" changes as well. Can't stand champions, autolites, or bosch plugs. Ngk is the best. That's why all jap mfs, automobiles or atvs, use em. Okay, they are jap made, too, I believe. If mem serves ngk makes ac delco's plugs now. We only use ngks in our shop. And yamahauler, don't worry about those brain farts. I'll be 24 in a couple of months, and I'll go for a tool in my tool box 4' from the car in my bay and completely forget what I needed. Hell, I've put my flashlight down to use the bathroom, come out, walk right past it, go back to work, and go to use my flasklight and can't find the damn thing. Have spent 30mins looking for it before finding it. I guess its commical. Looking through customers cars, in tool box drawers, etc...

Ngk #D8EA. Don't remember the stock number. I wanna say it's 4126. Just get it from the local parts store.

You can put an inline spark tester on it and watch it to see if it looses spark, or if its "quaility" changes as well. Can't stand champions, autolites, or bosch plugs. Ngk is the best. That's why all jap mfs, automobiles or atvs, use em. Okay, they are jap made, too, I believe. If mem serves ngk makes ac delco's plugs now. We only use ngks in our shop. And yamahauler, don't worry about those brain farts. I'll be 24 in a couple of months, and I'll go for a tool in my tool box 4' from the car in my bay and completely forget what I needed. Hell, I've put my flashlight down to use the bathroom, come out, walk right past it, go back to work, and go to use my flasklight and can't find the damn thing. Have spent 30mins looking for it before finding it. I guess its commical. Looking through customers cars, in tool box drawers, etc...

lmao same here. its worse when you forget a 150 dollar snap on ratchet in the wiper cowl!

No ****! Lol. Luckly I haven't lost/misplaced anthing expensive. My dad has left more phones in customers cars than anything else.

haha iv done that to when they had a car charger i would charge my phone while doin a job forget about it pull it up give the keys to the advisor walk back to my stall then realize...oh ****!!! lmao!

well i didnt get a change to test anything but took apart the switch and cleaned it out and even got the kill switch to work then it started to act up again. now sometimes the soleniod will just click. btw replaced the plug and runs alot better so far. now just seems the starting issue is my only worries

battery is brand new but might have been low with me tryin to mess with it for about an hr. i could prob clean the soleniod up a little bit. i think im just gunna try to get a new start switch and see if that helps anything. id like to just get everything that involves starting it new so i dont have to worry about this again.

Back