446 problems, motor build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think I Warrior could have a supercharger or turbocharger?? > : )

Turbo yes but theres nothing to drive a supercharger

Do you know of any people out there that make a turbo that I could fit on the Warrior? I'am getting weak in the knees thinking about a fully built 460cc Turbo Warrior :evilface:

Do you know of any people out there that make a turbo that I could fit on the Warrior? I'am getting weak in the knees thinking about a fully built 460cc Turbo Warrior :evilface:

Any stroker motor will be more reliable and easier to work on than a one off turboed one.... There is a thread on this, imo turbo'in a warrior is pointless

Any stroker motor will be more reliable and easier to work on than a one off turboed one.... There is a thread on this, imo turbo'in a warrior is pointless

I found the thread on turbo charging on here on bluetraxx posted by elwood XD I will see what Greg from Cycle Works Racing thinks about putting a turbo on his 460cc Kit. Should need 1-2 more paychecks then I'll start my build :evilface:

Well I just checked how much it would cost for a nice turbo kit........Forget it..

I found the thread on turbo charging on here on bluetraxx posted by elwood XD I will see what Greg from Cycle Works Racing thinks about putting a turbo on his 460cc Kit. Should need 1-2 more paychecks then I'll start my build :evilface:

I still think FST's 446 is the best more reliable big bore stroker out there... Isnt that 460 kit done by then cutting the rod and making it shorter?

I still think FST's 446 is the best more reliable big bore stroker out there... Isnt that 460 kit done by then cutting the rod and making it shorter?
Nope he didn't say anything about that. Pretty sure its a big bore and a stroker kit

Ok how can you tell if your cam chain needs replaced. Mine doesnt seem to have much slop in it

This is what i accomplished today, those little c clips for the piston were a pain in the ass
5fc0401e.jpg

78e645d4.jpg

Last edited:
if you feel comfortable running it then go ahead, but it is never a bad idea to put in a new one.

i never replaced mine though and it has been fine.

Damn your bolt must be on there tight, weston. I use a 3/8 impact, lol. And imo replace the chain. You've already gone this far, better to do it and have peace of mind knowing it's done. Timing chains tend to get a lot of abuse on a sport quad rather than utility quads, because of all the clutch work we do and the rpms we do them in. Especially if you're the type to race the engine then dump the clutch.

Latest posts

Back