446 problems, motor build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastlywarrior228

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well guys i finally got the bad news today and a list of everything that actually went bad on the motor. it needs rod bearing, crank bearings, oil pump, rod, piston, cylinder sleeve and a bunch of misc seals. looks like itll be well over $1000 to get it together so ive decided to shelf it for now.

but theres good coming out of this, i decided to go ahead and get a je piston that im gonna put in my stock motor with that good head. question now is get the stock bore off ttwarrior or buy a spare cylinder and do the 366

spare cylinder!!!

i regret using my stock cylinder that was on the original bore for my 366. if it breaks down i'm back at square 1 with nothing.

if you have that worked over head and add the je piston you will be more than happy with it.

Last edited:
I say get a spare cylinder and do a 366. The stock bore would do ok with that BA head but you'll get the full potential with the big bore. It will accomidate the porting, valves, cam ect more

Ya its a full port and polished with +1 valve and .450 cam so i want something to where i wont lose torque

yeah throw that setup together and you'll be plenty satisfied. i think if i can ever save my money again i'm going to send my head off to get the +1 valve installed along with a 252 cam like i fucked up on mine when i forgot to torque the cam bolt...i still kick myself for that.

hey, those je kits on vitos come with cometic gaskets. just a heads up, but i'm sure it's cheaper than vitos.

Why not just keep the engine you have now that works just fone and just save your pennies to go towards the 446 fixes?

That sucks, but I kinda had some sort of idear that it was all bad for the price you got it for. That blows man. Wonder if that engine will ever see the light of day again, sounds like all of the 446 parts are useless now?

Anyways, I got a jug for yah brosif.

Just the crank core and the 12-1 piston but its just waitin on me to get a better job in a couple years so ill just build the 366 i can afford to finish my project

Hell i may even eventually just do the 460 kit, all ill need is their sleeve pressed into the cylinder. I already have the bottom end with the bored cases and the head

Latest posts

Back