379cc Raptor 350 in progress

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never said you said that, but that's what it seems like you were thinking. Truthfully I don't care if you don't want to do head work, just please upgrade the piston.

Never said you said that, but that's what it seems like you were thinking. Truthfully I don't care if you don't want to do head work, just please upgrade the piston.

Well let's make a deal... I'm outta cash this year... So if I still have the Quad next year, I will ! I had a 11:1 JE in my 700 and it was great !:tup:

Nope... I did not... I'll give him a call tomorrow about it... I did tell him though, this is what I have period i'm not an expert so help me and give me your advice...

Last edited:
Dude get your facts right ! I asked Greg what would HEEEEEEEE recommend... HEEEEEEE recommended the .450 CAM cause of my riding style. (SOFT SAND) The dude is suppose to know his **** ! He has been working in these motors for decades now ! And I asked him, will all these drop in be ok ? HEEEEEEEE said YEP! You are not going with a Big Bore so this will be good! Give him a call and give em all the tech talk you are giving to me. And proove him wrong!

Funny thing is, a guy here on this webpage told me talk to Greg for my 379cc build! So i did!

Yup, that guy was likely me. As I mentioned much earlier, maybe ours based off the sand thing. That still doesn't negate my facts which are very straight. Study camshaft and valvetrain theory as much as I have....then you can tell me to get my facts straight. Actually, tell me what the numbers on that cam card mean, then tell me the effects of valve timing events, an earlier opening, a later closing, exhaust vs intake.
Don't tell me idk what the **** I'm talking about bro! My facts were generalized, they apply to every engine, not specific to yours but including it. Finally, I've reached my breaking point, do as you please, we WILL see!

Well, you posted cam specs for 2 cams, thats were we are getting confused.

As for the development on these motors, cwr and fst both did work a long time ago. There's a few on here, myself included, still doing r&d on these. Ive built 9 yfm motors all in various stages of built. I have yet to move to strokers, in my time of modding I have found the proper cam and head work is much more important then displacement.

Well, you posted cam specs for 2 cams, thats were we are getting confused.

As for the development on these motors, cwr and fst both did work a long time ago. There's a few on here, myself included, still doing r&d on these. Ive built 9 yfm motors all in various stages of built. I have yet to move to strokers, in my time of modding I have found the proper cam and head work is much more important then displacement.

I just did a quick copy and paste without even paying attention sorry dude... And yeah i'm learning by trial and error... R&D ??? Dude I live close to the North Pole... If I can find a shop to do the head porting i will ! That's why I wanted a drop in kit ! Paying for shipping doesn't come cheap !

I'm still curious to know how it will run, and what your opinion on the power will be. I know how mine is, and so does Weston. Damn thing is an animal. Everything that James said on cams and valve timing is correct. I'm not a "pro engine builder" by any means. I'm a straight up mechanic with lots of knowledge floating around in my head. I would port the head for any cam I'd install. That way I will get the most out of the cam I chose. I want my engine to perform as good, or better then, what I set out to make it.

I'm still curious to know how it will run, and what your opinion on the power will be. I know how mine is, and so does Weston. Damn thing is an animal. Everything that James said on cams and valve timing is correct. I'm not a "pro engine builder" by any means. I'm a straight up mechanic with lots of knowledge floating around in my head. I would port the head for any cam I'd install. That way I will get the most out of the cam I chose. I want my engine to perform as good, or better then, what I set out to make it.

It will be a dog of the line and mid all the power will be after that! I have a .415 in mine and its a nasty warrior! My friends ride the 450s they jump on mine and they cant beleave it and they have all had warriors in the past and they cant beleave how snotty it really is! It helps when you have stuff right thats why I had Eric Gorr do my head work and matched cam hes the man for head mods!

Awesome Jeff! My pic would be the .415 in a mild motor. With the 379 he's building out would really work great. If his compression was up and the port work was good then I would have zero issues saying that the .450 would be a good cam. Matter of fact, I'll be building a ported 12.1:1 366 with a big cam. BUT, I understand how it's going to work with my setup and I'm ready!

Awesome Jeff! My pic would be the .415 in a mild motor. With the 379 he's building out would really work great. If his compression was up and the port work was good then I would have zero issues saying that the .450 would be a good cam. Matter of fact, I'll be building a ported 12.1:1 366 with a big cam. BUT, I understand how it's going to work with my setup and I'm ready!

I agree there! I could have went with a bigger cam and still can alls I have to do is a bigger carb setup and Id go to a better exhaust ! This is the kinda set up I wanted nothing to ratical kinda wanted a sleeper til you seen it go lol! Oh and I have another warrior motor now and big plans for that lol!

I have the Mega .450 in my 379 and it has an awesome power band. It's a broad power band that is ALWAYS there. From idle to WOT, in all gears, nothing but power. I'd be super curious how it would be with the Mega .415 though.

I have the Mega .450 in my 379 and it has an awesome power band. It's a broad power band that is ALWAYS there. From idle to WOT, in all gears, nothing but power. I'd be super curious how it would be with the Mega .415 though.

Sounds about like the same way mine runs but I need a real carb! Its snotty all the way through too and the power is much more than a raptor 350 I tried out today!

Half way done through the project... I only encountered one problem through the project... Had to resleeve the cylinder... the Piston did not fit... Standard bore is 83mm and this piston is 83.94mm and the cyclinder was scratched... So i sent it over to CV Tech. We bumped the base gasket and put gasket eliminator for more compression... Everything elso went A ok. And the video should be coming up next week once everything is done. Thankx !

Thats not a resleave, thats a bore job.

A resleave is were you heat the jug and press the sleeve out, then heat the jug to 400* and freeze the new sleeve and press them together. Keep a weight on the sleeve, after its cool you lathe it to the proper mating surface. Then you bore it to the proper specs.

Back