2008 KFX450R is here... Actual pics this time

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget that the kfx wasn't kawi's design death, that was a suzi motor built by kawi. Let's just see what they can do on their own now...

it has reverse? and is it liquid cooled? i think it looks pretty cool. i'd ride it! but i think all of the 450's look good

I think it looks hott. Like ugly good. Same reason I love the triumph speed triple. Not that this really compares..... But I'm a big fan of the reverse, I like to get myself into situations that reverse really helps me out. And I'm still a bit scetchy on fuel injection on quads. They just take so much abuse. My .02

Damn guys... Just donut away or get your ass off and move the thing! I am sure we could all use the excersize.

Id rather ride than get off my quad and exersize. If I want extra exersize Ive got a really nice mountain bike. My raptor doesnt really have reverse but my next quad will.

Damn guys... Just donut away or get your ass off and move the thing! I am sure we could all use the excersize.
I do use reverse a lot less than I used to. But I have a habit of getting stuck and have backed my way out of it quite often... Regardless of that I am pretty sure my next quad will be a YFZ so I better get used to it now.

When I get stuck I get REAL stuck, so a reverse isn't that big of a concern anymore. I'm sure the extra weight of the reverse on this one will be counteracted by the aluminum chassis, that's always a plus.

When I get stuck I get REAL stuck, so a reverse isn't that big of a concern anymore. I'm sure the extra weight of the reverse on this one will be counteracted by the aluminum chassis, that's always a plus.

It only weighs 345 lbs. dry, so weight definetly isn't an issue.

so it weighs as much as a YFZ but with a weaker frame? lol

HAHA yay..

I was thinking since its aluminum and everything they would be down a good ten lbs, and dont forget thats dry weight and before you add the kick starter to the yfz which is something id do right away. But anyway i guess we will see...

KFX450 at the dealer show with a kick starter..

img4319ho2.jpg

Guys kawasaki is no novice company. I'm no expert but I'm sure they wouldn't make a frame that can't withstand jumps and such. It just doesn't seem logical.

It's all in the geometry, I'm all for the aluminum chassis, **** the rusting steel bullshit. I'm tired of fixing every ding in the frame so that it doesn't rust. It actually looks like a very sturdy chassis, theres some crazy design work on that thing.

yeah but for it to be kickstart and weigh the same as a steel frame YFZ with electric start... come on now. A good paint job and you wont have to worry about rust.

As far as i know, 345 lbs. is the KFX' wieght with e-start and reverse. So subtract say 6 pounds for the kick version, that brings you down to 339 lbs. plus some added weight for the reverse (I dont know how much to subtract for reverse). The aluminum frame is saving a good amount of weight.

As far as i know, 345 lbs. is the KFX' wieght with e-start and reverse. So subtract say 6 pounds for the kick version, that brings you down to 339 lbs. plus some added weight for the reverse (I dont know how much to subtract for reverse). The aluminum frame is saving a good amount of weight.

Naw that frame really isnt... lol 6 lbs = cock; I can lose that in a week. So the YFZ and that still pretty much weigh the same... But the YFZ has a -> STEEL <- frame lolol and u can put kickstart on a YFZ as well...

You cant subtract dick for reverse really either..

Not only is steel cheaper but it has a higher tensile strength, the frame will cost less to replace as a whole, its cheaper/easier to weld it, and on impact steel will bend or fracture, - aluminum just gets demolished (learned this in my streetbike accident).

I gurantee you Yamaha and Honda tested the waters with an all Al frame - found that due to cost and strength its not worth manufacturing an entire aluminum frame due to such minimal benefits (dick for weight savings, high cost for them and you as a customer to produce/replace, and strength). This is probably why the YFZ has an aluminum subframe but a steel chassis.

Have fun with all that accelerated corrosion too (steel hardware and bolts in an Al frame).

But go Kawi - good job coming out with a 450 FOUR years later! :p

I don't like the bumper but the overall design looks pretty agressive. I think it's pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back