• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1st gen extended a arms 4sale

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious cause I never checked out a first gen, but is there a way someone could modify the first gen frame to fit second gen arms? I'm sure yall thought of that already else you'd all be doin it. Still, just wondering.

There is only one real way to do that. And, that is to cut out out the 1st mounts and weld 2nd gen mounts on. Have never had a 2nd gen to compare too. I have thought about making a mounting plate kit (like the Diamon J widening kits) to bolt to the stock 1st gen mounts, and be offset to run the 2nd gen arms.

That might be a cool idea. I have one of them Diamond J kits I just removed from my second gen. It seemed to handle weird. Maybe I didn't have it on right. LOL oh well, now I got +2 full flights so I'm good

You could but there is lot of differences in the front half of the frame between gen1 and gen2s... I have played with idea of getting a set of mounts cut off a gen2 and welding them on the gen1 frame .... Then I thought if I was going to go that far I should just find some yfz arm and build mounts as that would give me nicer options for arms down the road

Last edited:
The mounting on gen1 s isnt really that far off the yfz set up ... I have all measurements here writing down in a book

does it come with all the heims? and do the lowers take stock a arm bearings?

does it come with all the heims? and do the lowers take stock a arm bearings?

No heims. lowers do take the stock bushings on the frame side.

For all of you who might be interested you can run the regular ball joints ASR sells and is alot cheaper than heim joints and will last longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back