• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1st gen extended a arms 4sale

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what will get these on my warrior shipped?i want them! NOW! and i dont think he has a first gen?

I wish a company somewhere would build a limited run of arms for the 1st gen.. I talked about it with one of the guys at ASR, but I don't think he wanted to take the time to build a jig for the lowers. We do know that you can use the 2nd gen uppers though.

I'm not gonna give up, and I will go as far as to try the 400ex lowers in the near future. Unless ASR comes threw for us 1st gen guys.

I wish a company somewhere would build a limited run of arms for the 1st gen.. I talked about it with one of the guys at ASR, but I don't think he wanted to take the time to build a jig for the lowers. We do know that you can use the 2nd gen uppers though.

I'm not gonna give up, and I will go as far as to try the 400ex lowers in the near future. Unless ASR comes threw for us 1st gen guys.

Actually dude, I just thought of this, it wouldn't be hard at all to make the stock lowers work with the 2nd gen uppers. Get 1.25" DOM, bungs, and hiem balljoints. Then, cut off the stock lower ball joint and weld in the DOM/bung/hiem to match the length of the 2nd gen +2 uppers. May sound a little confusing, but, just adding the lower hiem will end up moving the bottom of the wheel outward because there is no real way to put the new hiem in the same place as the stocker. You'd have to cut the a arm way back to do that.

I was just say'n.. lol

You have the only custom set on here, but others want extended arms for their 1st gens as well.

Some don't have the fab skills to make their own, (or the skills to setup a custom swapped set) so buy'n a complete set is all they have..

I know ... That's why I need them cheap ... Then I can justify buying all the heims, bushings and ti rods

I was just say'n.. lol

You have the only custom set on here, but others want extended arms for their 1st gens as well.

Some don't have the fab skills to make their own, (or the skills to setup a custom swapped set) so buy'n a complete set is all they have..

Ive told ya before theres no way i would take all the hiems, rod ends, tie rods from my ASR a arms just to make these "easier" for someone to buy and setup... Then have to rebuy them for around 250-300.. That would mean spending money on my quad i dont want or need to spend.

That post that was - "...." was a post i erased cause i thought i was sending a PM but it posted what i wanted as pm haha.

Ive givin prices to over 10 diff ppl on here and it was down to just a lil over what i had in materials of just the arms... No to mention the time, welding supplies, grind/cut off wheels ect...

It cost me 150 for the 1" and 1.25" DOM, 2 hiems, 2 bungs. Granted I ordered more 1" then I needed, but, that is about what the average price will run you. Then mulitply by 2= $300 to do a complete set of 4. Arms are NOT cheap to make. And I only made uppers.

Ive told ya before theres no way i would take all the hiems, rod ends, tie rods from my ASR a arms just to make these "easier" for someone to buy and setup... Then have to rebuy them for around 250-300.. That would mean spending money on my quad i dont want or need to spend.

That post that was - "...." was a post i erased cause i thought i was sending a PM but it posted what i wanted as pm haha.

Ive givin prices to over 10 diff ppl on here and it was down to just a lil over what i had in materials of just the arms... No to mention the time, welding supplies, grind/cut off wheels ect...

I wasn't try'n to give ya a hard time man.. Your arms look great, and I know how much materials can cost.. Not just that but your time is worth something 2..
I was simply stating that we need "more" first gen arms out there. If someone buys yours, that still leaves 20 other guys on here that want a set.
Thats all I meant.

Like that custom setup I've talked about from ASR would set you back around $500 shipped. But nobody has tried it yet, and we don't know for sure that they will work.. Till then we're all left wanting.. lol

I wasn't try'n to give ya a hard time man.. Your arms look great, and I know how much materials can cost.. Not just that but your time is worth something 2..
I was simply stating that we need "more" first gen arms out there. If someone buys yours, that still leaves 20 other guys on here that want a set.
Thats all I meant.

Like that custom setup I've talked about from ASR would set you back around $500 shipped. But nobody has tried it yet, and we don't know for sure that they will work.. Till then we're all left wanting.. lol

AAhh ok i got ya haha its all good. I really would like to sell them but i gotta at least get what i got in them. If not ill keep them till i have kids and they get older so we can do a project warrior and build the 87 back to life. If i had more **** to sell i would! I gotta finish my mustang build this winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back