1999 Warrior turning over but not starting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait are you sure cuz i thought it helped to fill the voids in the cylinder wall to help seal it causing better compression. Well i maybe wrong, but thats what i had to do to get my blow motor to work,,,soon as i did it it had better pressure and fired up, maybe i just got lucky..

@2000warrior366 I you buy a stator, don't buy it at your local Yamaha shop. They charge $200 or close to it. I got one off eBay with the gasket all brand new for $44

Wait are you sure cuz i thought it helped to fill the voids in the cylinder wall to help seal it causing better compression. Well i maybe wrong, but thats what i had to do to get my blow motor to work,,,soon as i did it it had better pressure and fired up, maybe i just got lucky..

You might of had a stuck ring and the oil loosened it. Yes, you got lucky.

I checked compression and it blew my finger off. I did notice a gas leak at the fuel on/reserve knob. Could it be possible my carb isn't getting any gas or it could be clogged? Because its sat for 2 years since I've had it and I don't know how long the guy that had it before me let it sit

I knew the stator and starter were bad though so I went ahead and did that. The carb hey slipped my mind

Ah, that's just the beginning of the work you'll be doing. It's an addiction. But a fun one. lol

Alright well I took the carb off but I ran into a problem. The 4 screws on the bottom all stripped out. Do I get them out like any other stripped screw?

Can't remember if there is room. Can you get a vice grip on them? When you do get em out, swap for some allen head screws, that's what I have.

I got two out with the tip of vise grips and the other two i had to cut the heads off and use a tinny reverse drill bit and they came right out, left the threads untouched(lucky)...

Alright I cleaned my carb and I tried to start it but it clicks for about 10 seconds then turns over very weak. I have the charging cables on the battery but it still does it. The clicking is coming from around the battery so I don't know. And still won't crank up btw

Make sure both your battery cables are tight on both ends. And check all your ground wires for tight

i think the solonoid could be bad or the battery is takin a ****.the soloniod is on the left side of the quad it is a little gold cylinder where the battery hooks up too. while your at it check the main fuze too.

The battery and the solonoid where the first things i had to replace on mine before it would do anything,, then i had to fix a short in the plug to the key switch and she went right to turnning over..

Back