1999 Warrior turning over but not starting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCassell

Reaction score
I have a 1999 warrior and here about a month ago I replaced the starter. And today I replaced the stator and its still not running. Before I changed the stator, I had no spark. I am going to check that again tomorrow. When I try to start it, it just keeps turning over but it just will not go ahead and fire up. Thoughts?

check the pick up coil and the other coil under the hood (forget what its called) but that is probley your problem.

I hate to state the obvious, but you did try a new plug right? Try the simplest answers first, then dig into the more intricate stuff. Thats my logic.

Yes I have. That was the very first thing I tried when I got It over a year ago. But I might should get a new one

Yes I have. That was the very first thing I tried when I got It over a year ago. But I might should get a new one
I've had plugs that were dead right out of the box. I always, ALWAYS! Buy 2 plugs at a time now, just to save the hassle of trying to figure out why you have no spark. :argh:

I got mine at advanced, there like 2 and some change each, they had 4 when i went so i got all of them!!

I have a new ignition coil coming for mine but may just simply be low on compression and need rebuilt... Mine will push/coast start much easier than with the starter, because of my low compression. have you tried to pull start it with another wheeler or coast start it off a hill. If your bikes in time getting spark, fuel and air, the chemical reaction combustion should occur bottom line.

Mine did the same thing when I got it I could bump start but could start with starter here it was a plug back in front of the left rear tires was dirty not making a connection cleaned it an have been good since.

I checked spark plug today and I'm getting spark. And I can't roll start it. The rear axle is broke. But I have a new ignition coil I forgot to add.

So you have spark, are you sure it is getting fuel? Do a compression test with the throttle help WOT, try a shot of starting fluid, make sure your intake manifold to the head isn't broken... If all that checks out and it still doesn't start, look at the timing.

If you pull the spark plug and put your finger over the hole then turn it over,,if you cant keep your finger on the hole then it should have enough compression to run...should blow your finger off the hole...

If you have been trying to start it for a realy long time probly would help to put a few drops of oil in the cylinder hole but not over kill, this helps bild compression too..
PS finger over the hole not in it!!! you dont wanna loose a finger!!!!

Last edited:
my warrior is doing the same but i dont have spark an havent bought stator yet but im working on it this weekend gonna check all of it

If you have been trying to start it for a realy long time probly would help to put a few drops of oil in the cylinder hole but not over kill, this helps bild compression too..
PS finger over the hole not in it!!! you dont wanna loose a finger!!!!

Doesn't help build compression. Only temporarily seals the rings so you can tell where it is losing compression.

Back