Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Weston, I emailed the guy and he finally emailed me back and told me he figured it out and my hood would ship today, So that's made my day cause I refuse to pay 160 for a new one, And they don't make them like the old ones anymore. The only company that comes close to the real CF quadtech hoods is FourWerx Carbon but they are 225 a piece, Not gonna happen lol

Got me a little garage time in today, After a few new drilled holes and some grinding and filing I got the right side heel guard mounted securely. These are badass Rath knew what they where doing when these was made, The width is a 1 1/2 shorter than the GYTR's I had on it. Heres a few pics of the right side compared to the left. Still got a few parts to work on but the right is 80% complete.

Thanks Coty, There gonna take some getting use to, I stand a lot and the old GYTRs held my heel in place, these with nets have a little give to them, But no more mud traps that's for sure. Cant wait to get the rest of my parts in and actually try it all out.

Thanks Weston, The right side turned out awesome, I sprayed some flat black spray paint on the raw metal that I cut so it wont rust, I had to file down the master cylinder bracket and it went on flush. If you look close you can see below the Rath logo I got a little carried away with the grinder and barely touched it enough to scar it but overall im glad I got them.

Trails, I assume you seen the Razr mx tires in the front, yep they gotta go. I got to get my shocks set up, and a steering stabilizer and im also looking into a permacool oil cooler. When tax time comes around its hard to say what I will be doing, Im financially stable enough to actually enter a couple XC events, Like I said before im doing this for fun. You could give me a national level machine and the holeshot and I would get smoked by a Apex on a mx track, lol theres no close mx tracks to even practice for it here. Weston I seen that you got a Ballistic Evo battery, Do you like it?? I was looking into a Shorai or a Ballistic but haven't decided between the two, I would like to get some more reviews before I go buy one of them.

Dude once you get some a arms it will look even better and even handle better next purchase trust me you won't regret it

@00 WO-YA Thanks so much man really means a lot, Ive had so many heated arguments with buddies about how much time and money ive put into this 350 but to me its all worth it. @BKroll I agree 100% I really want to do the LT with the 400ex arms but cant find a used set I want, Im gonna just have to man up and get a set of ASR's, Not that theres anything wrong with the ASR's or Fullflights its just that everyone has them, I like different and by the looks of your quad you do too, best YFZ conversion ive seen. @Weston no problem man, Ive used these very little, We may make a trade for some custom made case savers or something if your still up for it, But this will be around February or march next year or when I swap out for white rings. If the guy didn't screw me over on the Quadtech hood its suppose to be here tomorrow, So Ill upload some pics tomorrow with a few new parts on the moneypit.

Beast just hit me up when it gets closer to the swap I should be able to hook you up around then, I have been run ragged here lately that's why I stopped making them. I don't have the time or energy to build the quality of parts required.

This bike is going to be elite in no time dude.

Got some more parts in today both used but a great find and deal, I used novus plastic restorer on the hood and it almost looks brand new. Its a older style YFZ Quadtech but I don't care I wasn't paying 160 bucks for a new one and take a chance on it not fitting. The Quadtech master cylinder cover will help protect the brake resovoir since I had to fab it for the Rath heelguards. Pics of the hood all shined up

Back