Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeessfore I was thinking the same thing when I shined it up, it was looking rough when I received it. @Coty I searched countless hours looking for another raptor with a YFZ hood or a Quadtech hood and found zero, I know the KFX and LTZ400 hoods will work also with a little bit of flexing a fellow member done it years ago. Well I now know for sure that the YFZ hoods will fit almost direct bolt on with some slight modding. I had to drill 4 new holes, Use 2 metal inserts for the top and some small rubber bushings due to the fact that its real carbon fiber I was worried about it breaking. Updated pics before the Walking Dead tonight.......

Geeessfore I was thinking the same thing when I shined it up, it was looking rough when I received it. @Coty I searched countless hours looking for another raptor with a YFZ hood or a Quadtech hood and found zero, I know the KFX and LTZ400 hoods will work also with a little bit of flexing a fellow member done it years ago. Well I now know for sure that the YFZ hoods will fit almost direct bolt on with some slight modding. I had to drill 4 new holes, Use 2 metal inserts for the top and some small rubber bushings due to the fact that its real carbon fiber I was worried about it breaking. Updated pics before the Walking Dead tonight.......

Hahahah dude I wouldn't worry bout that **** breaking! Unless a boulder or a tree falls on it lol

lol @Weston, I work construction we are subcontracted right now for 4 10's a week Monday through Thursday, Last week I was inside a 100 foot elevator shaft hoisting beams to set in place for welds and alignment. @Alex this hood feels like if a bird **** on it, it would break lol. I was just taking that extra precaution incase something does occur.

Heres the pics of the Quadtech hood on, And 100% success with the Rath XC heelguards. Got a few parts coming this week, Houser bar clamp and there dash relocate piece. I also have been thinking about changing out my front bumper to a different style and color so I got on the hunt and ended up finding a Blingstar from SplashnDirt on ebay the bumper will be here the 22nd this month, Couldn't believe it, I have only seen a few Blingstar bumpers for the 350's and Kyle had one and another member, So I coundnt pass on the chance to get a bumper no longer in production. My minds made up on the +2 arms since I cant use Housers slicast arms Im gonna go ahead and get some ASR's probably black, I thought about white but I think that would be overdoing it.

Right and Left side of the heelguards complete, The right side took a lot more work than the left cause of the rear resovoir. Left side I had to drill new holes in pegs and add some longer bolts to the clamps Rath sends with them to mount to the frame.

Looks good. You really need to ditch those stock arms though... Guy on 3ww has a complete set of +2+1 Roll Design arms off a 250r for $250. But, they don't have heims.

Thanks Pat, I absolute hate the DJ kit, It would be fine for a casual rider but for what I do its awful, Way to heavy, I got it off ebay for 70 some bucks, DJ had a auction for one that's the only reason I got it. That's on the top of my list the +2 a arms, Im all for saving the extra dollar so any used ones would be fine, I have looked for months with no luck. And its getting closer to Xmas and money is getting tighter. Thanks Pat for the info about the Roll design arms, Roll Design make some top shelf products.

They do. I just don't know how they will fit without heims to mount them to the frame. Weston will probably know.

That's for sure a good deal for them, Roll design parts are pretty high and are solid. I seen a used set of Laegers for a 400ex on ebay that look decent, They are listed right now standard length, red powdercoat.

20130212_150730.jpg

Here's some pics. You cannot view pics on 3ww unless you are a member.

20130212_144339.jpg

20130213_223857.jpg

Thanks @Ibjamm, And thanks for the measurements I was a little worried at first but after I received it and seen how large it was I knew I could make something happen. I just looked at your mod list and you got some nice parts also.

@Pat those are some badass arms, If they will bolt on with no complications I just may get them, But like Bones said for that price I say they wont last long. I look completely stupid but what is 3ww???

Those won't go with out either changing them to heims and changing ball joints.

I would still go the asr rout because they will work for sure

Back