Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im all for the longtravel, So if I found a good used set of Houser 400ex arms they will fit? Ive seen a couple nice Lonestar sets on ebay but I really like the Slicast system Houser offers. What would I have to buy that's needed for the lonestars or Housers to fit?

Nice write up, I have read it before but wasn't really clear on what all was needed, From what I can tell I need 400ex aftermarket +1's, Washers, Yamaha ball joints, And tierods After reading more about it, its got me wanting to do it. Its not everyday you see a 350 with a longtravel set up.

You must have a set of 12 point adjustable arms like Asr or full flight make or it won't work without cutting and welding

Thanks for all the info Weston, If I can find a good deal on a set I like I will go for it. Im currently building two quads and all I got left to buy for the 660 is a set of +2s, steering dampener and a graphics kit. In the next months they will be a lot of changes to the 350. Any info and opinions I appreciate, Looking for a good used steering stabilizer if anyone has one they wanna part with.

I ride woods I haven't been on a MX track in years, We have the KCCR's and WEXCR in west Virginia. Im trying to get well enough prepared for a couple of events for next year if all the registration goes in my favor. A few years back when I had my first 450 I thought I was gonna be a national rider lol no chance at all. Now its just for fun and to stay somewhat fit. A lot of my buddies run at muddycreek but that's way out of my league and price range.

Right now it sits at 44 3/4 with the sag of the shocks and 48 in the rear but I can take shorten the rear by removing the spacers. They are some real tight places I fit my 660 through and its 46. I don't wanna go over 47 inches. My biggest problem is getting my suspension dialed in right, I can get my fronts converted to dualrate from gt thunder for 370 and they said they would be just as good if not better than some high dollar aftermarkets. Thanks again for all the measurements and opinions.

I'm not 100% sure your gonna be a 47" I'm at 48.5 with the heims backed all the way out for the max width.

I'm going to call gt thunder about my ltr shocks, valving is good just need springs that are stiffer

@Weston I think the springs kits go for $200, Im wanting the dualrate conversion its basically a heart transplant with the new dual springs and whatever length I desire. Ive never used them before but I trust there work, and there prices aren't real bad.

Finally my Flexx bars arrived today and I also got some new Odi ruffian lock on grips, the grips feel like football receiving gloves they are super tacky compared to the protaper tri densitys I have. Heres the pics of the bars and grips not installed, will post some pics of it all together tomorrow when my weekend actually starts gotta love those 4 10's.

Fasstco. Have changed the designs on the bar pads, I kinda like the old ones better.

Nice write up, I have read it before but wasn't really clear on what all was needed, From what I can tell I need 400ex aftermarket +1's, Washers, Yamaha ball joints, And tierods After reading more about it, its got me wanting to do it. Its not everyday you see a 350 with a longtravel set up.

I do ;-) good luck with it man, you'll love it after it's dialed in.

@00 WO-YA, I really would like to do the long travel, If I can find a used set of Houser +1's I would go for it. Your quad is sick!!

Well I put my Flexx bars and Odi grips on today, I know everyone has there own preference for the elastomers , I am using the red. I haven't really got to try them out yet but I cant wait to get the benefits these bars offer. Im already wanting to change the bar pad to a different color, Maybe blue. I ran into a slight problem with my neutral and reverse lights I can no longer use my carbon fiber dash that houses them so I gotta buy a clamp that fits the Houser or Rox dash or just mount them on my plastics. After I get a few good rides with the bars I will give a review until then heres a pic of them mounted.

Figured I would update, Got me a set of YFZ Rath XC heelguards, Wont take much modding for them to fit, I modded the GYTRs that's on it now. Will be here this week. As for the indicator light problem I had since I installed the Flexx's I decided to go with a Houser bar clamp with the built in tether switch plate. I keep telling myself im done with parts until I get my a arms but my ocd kicks in and I order something else.

Figured I would update, Got me a set of YFZ Rath XC heelguards, Wont take much modding for them to fit, I modded the GYTRs that's on it now. Will be here this week. As for the indicator light problem I had since I installed the Flexx's I decided to go with a Houser bar clamp with the built in tether switch plate. I keep telling myself im done with parts until I get my a arms but my ocd kicks in and I order something else.
welcome to my world

lol Ive noticed you got some sick parts, The proarmor full nerfs you had on it before I was amazed by the craftsman ship you put into your build. Im still waiting on you to bust out the new look of it, Ive noticed you put some new IMS pegs, Frame guards, New tank topper and your runnin the GBC Xrex which is a awesome tire for woods. I still don't know how you made the brake lever work with the nerfs but thumbs up for taking the time and effort to make parts work that are not suppose to. I have a lot biased opinions with some companies like Houser, Rath, Blingstar I believe if they make it for a 400ex why not for a warrior or raptor.

Last edited:
Truthfully I purchased them like that. I'm an engineer not a fabricator lol. The footpegs was cut off and a tube welded on for the mount. However I likes the ims pegs better so I'm running them with some dg nerfs. This winter I'm removing most of the graphics and restoring the plastic, polishing the wheels, new led headlights, nerfs and a milder motor build. This time I'm putting emphasis on comfort and reliability for long rides with the family. I just throw my maier hood, black tank and cut fenders on for a change every once and awhile. Also loving the gbcs

Im all for the reliability and comfort as well, Ive never ran a set of the GBCs but ive always heard great things about them, Probably the best tires for the price. Im glad I now know how the brake lever was done, Ive been meaning to PM you and ask but hardly ever see you on here anymore, I would like to see The Eliltes do a updated thread of what they look like now and future plans for their quad. Are you gonna compete in any more events next year??

Well I received my Rath heelguards in the mail today, The right side is gonna fit perfect however the left side is gonna take a little bit of fab work to fit right. These are some nice heelguards to be cutting on but oh well...Rath racing should have made some for 350s so I wouldn't have to do this. Also got a sweet deal on a YFZ Quadtech hood the real carbon fiber, I paid for the item and the seller has a different email linked to his account, So in my paid items box its saying transaction being processed, Its like he doesn't want to accept the payment. Has anyone ever had this happen to them???? added to my parts for this week I got a Quadtech master cylinder cover also. Will upload some pics this weekend.

Back