z400

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atv

Reaction score
Ive been thinking and doing more research and I need a trail atv more then i need a race breed atv ( yfz,R) and i also figured damn i need reverse too so i figured why not buy a z400 which are great bikes from what i have found and just pimp the **** out of it?
Any opinions apreachiated

I've been thinking of gettin rid of the warrior and buying a z-400 next summer. I have drove a couple of them and loved them.

another good one for trails would be a rappy 660 and you can find some of them pretty cheap

Yeah Next summer when i have a little flash cash im going out and buying either a brand new 700r or a yfz450, im undecided if im going to race or not.

you should also consider the Kawi 450, it has reverse

but, as for the Z400, they are a solid trail machine for sure, great bike.

If I ever get rid of the Warrior, I will be getting the monster Raptor 700R, the hell with weight got to go with cc, I'm not a track racer, just a trail rider.

you should also consider the Kawi 450, it has reverse

Lol they are also just a tad bit out of ym budget lol

so im ognna do some looking and find some z's not sure what year hopefully an 04+

[quote:4ud5driv]you should also consider the Kawi 450, it has reverse

Lol they are also just a tad bit out of ym budget lol

so im ognna do some looking and find some z's not sure what year hopefully an 04+[/quote:4ud5driv]
Nothing worng with the 03's really, Maybe i got lucky but my 03 (stock frame) took a hell of a beating out on the track.

Ehhh id save my money and keep the rappy and save for something better. It would be a good upgrade but i would never go to a z400 from my warrior, then again my warrior isnt stock.

Ehhh id save my money and keep the rappy and save for something better. It would be a good upgrade but i would never go to a z400 from my warrior, then again my warrior isnt stock.
Youre warrior could probably hand with a slightly mdded z, ofcourse you need something with more braap ;)

i'd say go for the z. they are excellent trail machines and they got enough power for any situation! good all around machine!

To buy yourself a little time while trying to decide, you at least need to put on an aftermarket exhaust and intake on your 350. You are still stock on it and the aftermarket pipes makes a huge difference in power and will satisfy your need for speed a little longer. This will also give you time to save a little more money so you can take a bigger step up. I agree with DSW, the Z400 is a nice bike but it is not a huge step up from the 350. I think you would be happy with the Z400 for a while but will then wish you went a little bigger fairly quickly.

Keep your options open. The 660 is an awesome bike, although some think it is tippy but it has power to spare. The Predator 500 is an awesome bike too. The 2005's have reverse and have fixed almost all of the quirks that the '03 and '04's had. They have upgraded rear axles and Fox suspension and are fast as hell.

You can get some great prices on both of these bikes used.

[quote:yej5apc1]Ehhh id save my money and keep the rappy and save for something better. It would be a good upgrade but i would never go to a z400 from my warrior, then again my warrior isnt stock.
Youre warrior could probably hand with a slightly mdded z, ofcourse you need something with more braap ;)[/quote:yej5apc1]

hahaha.

Well what i was trying to get at, is the rappy is a pretty updated machine, with some minor mods its pretty quick, and i cant see selling it and going to a Z then only modding the z because its not enough of a step up. Dont get me wrong z's are quick, but its not a HUGE step up. Id maybe go for a raptor660 or just upgrade the 350 a little.

To buy yourself a little time while trying to decide, you at least need to put on an aftermarket exhaust and intake on your 350. You are still stock on it and the aftermarket pipes makes a huge difference in power and will satisfy your need for speed a little longer. This will also give you time to save a little more money so you can take a bigger step up. I agree with DSW, the Z400 is a nice bike but it is not a huge step up from the 350. I think you would be happy with the Z400 for a while but will then wish you went a little bigger fairly quickly.

Keep your options open. The 660 is an awesome bike, although some think it is tippy but it has power to spare. The Predator 500 is an awesome bike too. The 2005's have reverse and have fixed almost all of the quirks that the '03 and '04's had. They have upgraded rear axles and Fox suspension and are fast as hell.

You can get some great prices on both of these bikes used.
I COMPLETELY disagree with that, I stepped up from a warrior to a z4000. My warrior is all stock, but my fathers was very modded, Bored to 380,, titanium valves, high comp pistoin, all the goodies in the engine, so I had a fairly fast bike at my request, I prefer my 400 over te 380 warrior, and no I dont wish I went with one of the bigger 450's, I dont need much more speed, my 400 is fast as **** and all it has is a pipe and timing chain. The predator isnt much faster then a 400, I rode with one the past weekend, He had an hmf pipe and jets, I beat him out of the hole and kept gaining on him for a portion of the race, he passed me like in the 4th, 5th gear range?

And if you wanted more speed, it would be cheaper to just mod the current bike then to go out and buy a new bike.

You just bought your 400. And for several weeks you were grounded from it. So it is a little early to be saying that you will not want more speed shortly.

I have no doubt your Z is fast and faster than your old Warrior or your dads modded Warrior. But, I do not care what bike it is, almost everybody that rides the 350-400 cc class ends up wanting more speed.

By your own admission, in your 1 experience, the Predator was faster than the Z400. I do not think anybody will argue the fact that a stock Predator 500 is faster than a stock Z400. The Predator is putting out more horsepower than the Z400 and the MSRP on the '07 Preddy is $5999 and the '07 Z400 is $5899. You can pick up either one of these bikes for almost the exact same price.

So my point was to keep your options open. It is not feasible to go out and buy a new quad every 2 years because we want more speed. ;) Get the big boy now and mod it when you desire that greater speed. ;D

yea but see another reason i want to get ridove my 350 is because literally im too big for it... like i have my front all the way tignetend and im just too big and i want a 450 but they dont have reverse ( kfx is out of ym budget) and suspension i dont wanna waste my money on... i just need somthing bigger this crap is getting to be a pain in my ass

Latest posts

Back