Z400 Thoughts?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, sent the 03 Blaster on it's merry way this morning. Money in the bank. I text the guy with the 400 and tell him I'm gonna pass on it as I really thought a lot about it and decided I didn't need it.

5 minutes later....

He says: "If you change your mind I'll let you get it for 1200 bux. I don't need to haul it with me out of state. I'm going to Michigan for Thanksgiving and it cost too much to rent a Uhaul"

Me: "I'm on the way. Be there ASAP!!!"

2012-11-18153859.jpg

2012-11-18153911.jpg

2012-11-18153919.jpg

2012-11-18153931.jpg

Need to ut some new sneakers on it! Lol. Drop in a set of cams, better intake, and a 39mm fcr and you'll **** yourself. lol. I'm thinking about trading this jeep I'm getting for another project. Although, Idk what I'm going to do with 2 sport quads, cause the warrior isn't going anywhere.

i'm not doing anything to it but riding it. i have dropped money in the previous 3 quads i've owned. not doing it again lol.

i think i am going to flip it and double my money though pretty soon.

looks hella lot better than the one(s) i had... well mine looked better before i got them lol

i'm not doing anything to it but riding it. i have dropped money in the previous 3 quads i've owned. not doing it again lol.

I know EXACTLY how you feel! Every quad I've owned has needed major work. Yeah, sure, it is fun at first. But, after you rebuild a whole bike for the 5 time, you just want to buy something and not have to do anything except put gas in it and chang the oil. I say that but I'll prob never own something that I don't have to repair/rebuild, lol.

Haha, when I got the Raptor I couldn't figure out how to get it in reverse, lol! Idk if anyone has messed with the jetting but the pilot on the Z's is super lean. Pop that stupid plug and spin it out, that should help it's cold nature some.

it doesn't help at all... in my experience anyway. it's just the design of the engine... it's hard to keep running till she warms up

They also get hard to start when the valves need adjustment. WG, the pilot jet really needs to go up about 2 sizes, they are cold natured pain in the asses but ours b/c they need more fuel. Jetting can improve it, not perfect it but improve it, ya dig, lol?

I dig ya lol. She starts up pretty easy though right now. I will be on top of valve mantenence though.

They also get hard to start when the valves need adjustment. WG, the pilot jet really needs to go up about 2 sizes, they are cold natured pain in the asses but ours b/c they need more fuel. Jetting can improve it, not perfect it but improve it, ya dig, lol?

i dont dig ya because i built mine and jetted the hell outta it and it was ALWAYS cold natured and never improved IMO but thats just my opinion

Back