yz 250f or yz 125

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would go for the 2 stroke....4 stroke yamahas backfire and sputter, and dont tell me it is poor jetting....they all do it

i would go for the 2 stroke....4 stroke yamahas backfire and sputter, and dont tell me it is poor jetting....they all do it
my 250f dont backfire or sputter. get the 4stroke, they are a lot better.

It is in fact poor jetting, the only reason the motor would backfire or sputter is either because of too much fuel or not enough fuel. I mean all fourstrokes backfire sometimes.... but a constant backfire would be due to jetting.

I'd go with the 4 stroke dude, it's nice to just put gas in your bike and go, no premeasurements. Also alot of magazines, and friends I've talked to won't run any type of gas in their 2 strokes unless it race gas, because in essence this will make the motor run cooler, making it last longer. Especially with higher compression pistons. As DSW says you will have to rebuild the 4 strokes too but no were near as fast as a 2 stroke, if you want it in top running condition. Just my 2 cents. Their not just phasing 2 strokes out due to polution, there finding it way better with 4 strokes, and as technology increases, the motors will get even lighter.

If the time and consideration was put into the 2 stroke motor they could find ways to make it even better, evenrude boat motors are 2 strokes... all guarenteed to produce less pollution and last longer than any fourstroke.

And even with advancements in technology and making parts lighter the 4 stroke will always be doing twice as much work as a 2 stroke.. no matter what.

Well this is turning into a classic 2 stroke versus 4 stroke thread so, all I can say is if you can ride both machines and pick the one you feel most comfortable with, because listening to us, we only have opinions on whats better, it's up to you.

Back