You won't believe this!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gonna be a totally different machine the LT-R250, the Raptor 250 is a recreational sport quad, just like the Warrior and Raptor 350. The LT-R250 is gonna be a full race bred quad and it's gonna cost close to $6000.
Yeah but after zuki comes out with the ltr250 u no honda and yamaha will to keep up with them. so we will all prolly see an yfz250 and honda version with the bike motor

[quote:bnbv6nnx]It's gonna be a totally different machine the LT-R250, the Raptor 250 is a recreational sport quad, just like the Warrior and Raptor 350. The LT-R250 is gonna be a full race bred quad and it's gonna cost close to $6000.
Yeah but after zuki comes out with the ltr250 u no honda and yamaha will to keep up with them. so we will all prolly see an yfz250 and honda version with the bike motor[/quote:bnbv6nnx]
Don't be so sure of that, they will if there is a big market for them or they start a race for that quad, but it's gonna cost close to $6000, a hard sell for a 250 based machine. If they keep the cost down and add reverse they might have somthing, but then Yamaha might as well drop the Raptor 350, and Honda the 300EX.

I like the 250 too, only thing is there is no reverse, but it has somthing the other gay 250s don't, a manuel clutch and chain drive.
??? what do you mean the 250 honda sportrax has had that forever?

oil cooled hmmmm too bad they didnt do that to the 350....also anybody see it has a direct shifter!!!!! apparently they took there time on this bike

Ive always come the conclusion that yamaha uses a linkage type shifter on the warrior because the motor was originally placed inside a dirtbike frame. And in order to also place oil cooling on the big bear they had to use a linkage for it to be reliable.

I dont get it, the 250 seems like a total better bike than the rap 350. the 250 is a direct shifter, oil cooled, look at the swinger roundhouse carrier and more. the 350 is outdated compared to this, anyway i really like this 250 i wish the had something like it when i started on my 250. In my opinion Yamha should drop the 350 and make a 400 sport quad and make the 250 the entry levle bike. As for the Ltr250r thats gonna be a mean bike.

~Eddie

i tottally agree with trailwarrior they should drop the raptor and make a sorta of like race type 400 with wider a arms, better fully adjustble suspension,liquid cooled engine,and have rear disc brakes.

Wow man this thread is over a year old, congratulations on bringing it back from the dead! A 400 yamaha would be interesting but 400's already a thing of the past, unless they throw in some Fuel Injectors, lighter weight frame and motor material to drop the weight drastically, and quit selling us their garbage ass suspension components. Then it might have a place on the Yamaha line up - but then a 450 would still out perform it I guess.

Back