YFZ vs 700Raptor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote:vcmhdkdd]

A guy down the road from me put some work on his banshee and we had the town cop (real cool guy has gotten me out of alot of ****) radard him on a stright strech and he was clocked at 117mph

That would have to be a TON of work... Also the STOCK gearing on a banshee only allows about 68 - 71 MPH (you would have to gear up an assload and slap on some BIG tires). It sounds like that cop cant use a radar gun or your friends pulling your chain.[/quote:vcmhdkdd]

Nope i watched it, the cops been a cop for over 30 years so i would hope he knows how to run the radar. It has 20's on the back but it was geared for the power it was puting out.

i donno.. piped, jetted, filter,stroked,bord,high compression piston and tons of other stuf iv never really got into looking into it but the company that built his motor claimes that it will never need to do a topend rebuild and if he does they'll do it for free...

i donno.. piped, jetted, filter,stroked,bord,high compression piston and tons of other stuf iv never really got into looking into it but the company that built his motor claimes that it will never need to do a topend rebuild and if he does they'll do it for free...

What!? lol Never need a top end... pfft! When they were saying "top end" were they talking about cams/valves ;) ;D - cause then id say yeah, prolly' will never need those on a shee!!

I am sorry bro i just dont buy the 117 MPH thing - you are talking 40 MPH FASTER then most machines out today... I have seen MANY dumb asses use radar guns completely incorrect! What band was the gun? If it was a laser id be more opt to belive it; but hey I wasnt there right?

With money Banshees are by far the fastest straight line quads made. Give me a banshee and abotu 3 grand and I'll build you a quad that will do over 100 easily. 117 is pushing it.... But saying that it will never need a top end rebuild is straight bullshit. The fact is any 2 stroke will need a top end after a few hundred hours at most.(most likely well under that if it does 117)

With money Banshees are by far the fastest straight line quads made. Give me a banshee and abotu 3 grand and I'll build you a quad that will do over 100 easily. 117 is pushing it.... But saying that it will never need a top end rebuild is straight bullshit. The fact is any 2 stroke will need a top end after a few hundred hours at most.(most likely well under that if it does 117)

I would agree that a worked shee is the fastest straight line quad - but 117 is still high...

[quote:cpn7iclo]i donno.. piped, jetted, filter,stroked,bord,high compression piston and tons of other stuf iv never really got into looking into it but the company that built his motor claimes that it will never need to do a topend rebuild and if he does they'll do it for free...

What!? lol Never need a top end... pfft! When they were saying "top end" were they talking about cams/valves ;) ;D - cause then id say yeah, prolly' will never need those on a shee!!

I am sorry bro i just dont buy the 117 MPH thing - you are talking 40 MPH FASTER then most machines out today... I have seen MANY dumb asses use radar guns completely incorrect! What band was the gun? If it was a laser id be more opt to belive it; but hey I wasnt there right?[/quote:cpn7iclo]

Im not sure on the brand but it was the highway grade gun that are like built into the crusiers... The guy my buddy bought it from said he put over 4 grand in work to it and my buddy bout it for 7. Yeah i agree tho all the cops around here are switching to lasers.

117 doesn't seem that out of reach to me. When you think about it, most cars can go 120 (assuming there's no speed limiter) and the average 4 cylinder car has around 100 hp. A heavily worked banshee can easily achieve 100 hp, and a banshee and rider probably only weigh about 1/4 of what a car weighs. Now given cars are designed to be more aerodymamic, but there's not much on a quad to cause air drag to begin with. Now, I could be missing something here, but I don't see any reason why a modded banshee couldn't reach those speeds with some tall enough gearing.

117 doesn't seem that out of reach to me. When you think about it, most cars can go 120 (assuming there's no speed limiter) and the average 4 cylinder car has around 100 hp. A heavily worked banshee can easily achieve 100 hp, and a banshee and rider probably only weigh about 1/4 of what a car weighs. Now given cars are designed to be more aerodymamic, but there's not much on a quad to cause air drag to begin with. Now, I could be missing something here, but I don't see any reason why a modded banshee couldn't reach those speeds with some tall enough gearing.

Gearing - the tires would have to be very large and she would need to be geared very high and have the power to pull that. I am not saying it cant be done but what was the world record? like 130s?

[quote:lrg3ymc4]117 doesn't seem that out of reach to me. When you think about it, most cars can go 120 (assuming there's no speed limiter) and the average 4 cylinder car has around 100 hp. A heavily worked banshee can easily achieve 100 hp, and a banshee and rider probably only weigh about 1/4 of what a car weighs. Now given cars are designed to be more aerodymamic, but there's not much on a quad to cause air drag to begin with. Now, I could be missing something here, but I don't see any reason why a modded banshee couldn't reach those speeds with some tall enough gearing.

Gearing - the tires would have to be very large and she would need to be geared very high and have the power to pull that. I am not saying it cant be done but what was the world record? like 130s?[/quote:lrg3ymc4]yea 130 - 135 somewhere around there...

No i think the fastest speed ever achieved on a quad was like 150-155 somewhere in there on a rocket powered raptor.

I dont think the rocket powered raptor actually counts as the record. It has to be all on engine power.

No i think the fastest speed ever achieved on a quad was like 150-155 somewhere in there on a rocket powered raptor.
yea it's 149.45mph on a raptor 700..in the new womens world record is 127.9mph on a raptor700...but like matted said i think it should be all quad, no rocket...

Well after giving the Raptor a lickin this weekend i took a good 3 hours to clean it up really nice and wax it 4 times. I have decided to try and sell it for 6k can, i have 8 into it so i figure its a reasonable asking price and its only 7months old and i maintained it quite well. A friend of mine bought a 700 se so i dont want to copy him so im going with the 07 450 se (the one with the white plastic and blue flames) i feel that even with no reverse and a different power levels i will get used to it. So basically now its a matter of time i will keep everyone updated

Also i made it up one hell of a hill yesterday its a really rough hill climb in which you basically have no run at all you start by going over lots of mud, wet rocks, and roots, and then its a series of blast rock and wet leaves until you hit the hardest part which you come around a tree and you go straighr up and and its all lose shot rock (had to back down and hit it harder) and then its a few long shoots up wet leaves and more loose rock. only know one other guy who did it on a sport quad (banshee)

Ok well over the past few days i have been really thinking about it and if im going to spend the 10k and i am a trail ride i better get the proper machine. I have decided to go with the 700 now just because its exactly what im looking for (comfort,reverse,torque,speed) and even though it may not be as fast as the 450 it shouldn't be to far behind. Now after i sell off the 350 its straight to dealership to pick up the 700

Back