YFZ vs 700Raptor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

406elcamino

Reaction score
kinda thinkin about getting rid of the 350 raptor and want either the yfz or 700, just wondering though about

stock for stock in acceleration and top speed whats what?

and say piped vs piped which is gonna be faster?

easy,

the 450 is a race quad,
the 700 is a trail quad, the 450 has more race like engine part,sna dn everything

over all the 450 is faster,but it doesnt mean the 700 is slow either

Last time I saw a YFZ and a 700R race stock for stock the YFZ won by about a bike length in 300 yds. I think that rider skill may have had alot to do with those results. As far as piped v piped I don't know for sure but it will be a close race. IMO don't decide which of those 2 to get based only on which one is faster. I have ridden both and will say they are both great quads but very different. The YFZ is a great racer but on trails the ride can be pretty harsh. The 700r isn't as manuverable but has a much nicer ride and the torque and throttle response are awesome.

Well i mainly ride trails and open roads and i wouldn't mind compromising a little comfortability. i just want to be the fastest 4stroke in the group and i rode a friends piped 660 and it was alright, but i also rode a friends yfz and found the power to be explosive i think his was an 05' and i didn;t really like the seat but i heard the newer ones were better?. The YFZ in the trail's was kinda different though with stock gearing it was kinda on/off power the 660 was more responsive i found

hmm well what would you do if given the chance to have one or the other?

just becuse it has more torque and is a WHOLE lot more comfy,and trust me it does like 70ish right?with a pipe 80's?

I personally would go with the 700. The throttle response of the 660 doesn't even compare to the fuel injection of the 700, it will yank the bars out of your hands. My best advice would be to ride both and see for yourself. I even think if I was a few years younger I would rank the YFZ ahead of the Raptor.

YFZ is faster, quicker, and more nimble. The YFZ and Raptor make the SAME HP but the YFZ is 50lbs lighter, revs higher, and builds those RPMs quicker. Also yes, the 2006 + YFZs feel completely dif then the pre-06's; much more comfy!

The YFZ also comes stock with an FCR carburetor - one of the best on the market. When your jetted correct (and its VERY easy with this carb, you can change the pilot/main in 2 mins) throttle response is lightening fast...

The EFI systen on quads is still so primitive it can’t even compensate well for extreme altitude changes or a pipe/filter...

A YFZ will destroy a raptor 660 and its about 4 lengths ahead of a Raptor 700R with equal riders.

Well on a different post where you said something like "coming out of a hard corner i could stab the throttle and pull the front end up in 3rd" that there pretty much had me, also i was amazed that it could rev so quick when i rode a stock one. I havent got a chance to ride the 700 yet but riding the 660 was way different then the ol 350, it would lift the front end no problem but it was definetly no where near as nimble as the yfz.

i wouldn't buy anything used and the dealership i deal with sells them for an equal price of 8,899 Canadian (but i have status so i dont pay tax!) now i need to try and my machine to fund the YFZ

Yes best thing is when you get bored of the stock YFZ power - you slap a pipe/filter on and do the cam mod - and now she really screams... The differance between a stock YFZ and a uncorked one is so great that it feels like u just bought a new machine! The stock YFZ is quick dont get me wrong but one with the above done is arm ripping quick.

Yes you can goose the gas in third and she will stand straight up - no pulling up on the bars, no dropping the clutch, just gas... I can get her to come up in 4th as well with a little effort!

They are also making cheap ($2,000.00) BOLT ON turbo kits for the YFZ now - 105 HP on a stock motor... :eek: The stock motor can also handle a 20 HP shot of nitrous with no problems.

If you want to be real nimble in the woods and like riding fast with explosive power its the machine for you.

you ahve to ride BOTH.....ive got one of each of them in my garage right now....and u cannot hop off one and onto the other and think yer gonna master it....they are two completly different machines...i personally love my 06 yfz...and my buddy that bought his 700 the same day as me likes his way more than mine. Speed wise they are very close....but its easier and cheaper to get more out of the YFZ...the raptor has a buttload of torque, and pops the front end VERY easily. But no matter which one u go with.....after u ride it for a while....you will learn how it rides and moves....and it will be your favorite thing on this planet.

just becuse it has more torque and is a WHOLE lot more comfy,and trust me it does like 70ish right?with a pipe 80's?

are you retarded......you ride a utility but anyways a pipe wont add 10

[quote:r5oqqs52]700

are you retarded......you ride a utility but anyways a pipe wont add 10[/quote:r5oqqs52]
but it probably is up in the 70's stock. No doubt its in the 70's.

[quote:47jhcbor]700

are you retarded......you ride a utility but anyways a pipe wont add 10[/quote:47jhcbor]

Im not being an ass but recon has never felt the difference between a stock and piped quad. He probably just read one of the ad's in dirtwheels where it says like the exhaust adds 11hp. A good pipe jetted correctly with an air filter will add about 3-5hp max {most of the time} and thats not gona make it run 10mph faster lol.

[quote:sqphqscv]

are you retarded......you ride a utility but anyways a pipe wont add 10

Im not being an ass but recon has never felt the difference between a stock and piped quad. He probably just read one of the ad's in dirtwheels where it says like the exhaust adds 11hp. A good pipe jetted correctly with an air filter will add about 3-5hp max {most of the time} and thats not gona make it run 10mph faster lol.[/quote:sqphqscv]

A piped/filtered cam modded YFZ gains about 9-10 HP... He is right it wont make you go faster but you will get there quicker!

HAHAHAHAHA

WARRIORSP33D350 did you ever stop to think the people ir die with have 450's??? one has a 06 450r

other a LTR 450
and the other a yfz,they have let me ride all of them,and yes,my freind with the yfz let me ride it when it was stock,and then he piped it,it seemed to go a good bit faster,i really never got to get full speed but it out acclerated all the others

It is a tough call. I've ridden both back to back and feel more comfortable on the 450. With a pipe, jet kit, filter kit, and cam mod, HOLY **** the 450 is nuts. They are both great quads, both very fast, but very different. I have been asking myself whick one I would get for months now and can't decide.

yea both are great/fast quad's..i would go whit the YFZ myself..but either way you go i think you be happy...=]..if i could sell my rap350..thats what i would get..but i dont know if it's really wort sellin tho..

Back