• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: web racing camshaft .430

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody race a z400?[/QUOTE]

Like race against it? I have but he cut me off cause it was on a 1 lane trail haha. I honestly think if we had enough room mine would give it a good run.

Yeah I kinda said it how it was. Got me into trouble but I can't go back and change the past. Let's just move on and learn from it.

Anybody race a z400?

Yep Yep. One of these days Im gonna get in your general direction riding. Try to get to the trails around Black River Falls

my pops and sis ride kfx 400's and dads is a mean son piped and jetted heat wram down geared with a k&n my warrior wis spank it in the sand though :evilface:

Yeah it does have a good all around power band for what i use it for. I have noticed that if its lugged to much the low end falls on it face but picks up very quickly and revs pretty good.

Yeah i got the Kimble white HD springs and oversized valves, just incase in the future i wanna stuff a bigger thumper in there. Ive had experience with that on my mustang with the valves floating bad cause i never put stiifer springs in it for the bigger cam.

And thanks for that info on the clearance!!! No damn wonder they tick like hell haha i was using the hotcam specs, which call for .013"!

No problem man, any time!

Yup you really should put some heavier springs in there. It's bigger then both the cams they recomend those parts for! You might see a gain in performance.

Yeah hot cams is not very smart for putting the spec's in mm so it is very confusing when converting over to inches. I know that just from my engine data software and trying to put in the spec's.
Yeah I bet is is loud as a MFer! haha
The spec's are 10mm?

You could also advance the cam timing and get some more low end torque and hp... 7 to 5 degrees would work great.

No problem man, any time!

Yup you really should put some heavier springs in there. It's bigger then both the cams they recomend those parts for! You might see a gain in performance.

Yeah hot cams is not very smart for putting the spec's in mm so it is very confusing when converting over to inches. I know that just from my engine data software and trying to put in the spec's.
Yeah I bet is is loud as a MFer! haha
The spec's are 10mm?

You could also advance the cam timing and get some more low end torque and hp... 7 to 5 degrees would work great.

Im not for sure if them are hotcams specs. All i know is thats what im doing tomorrow is fixing that. Ive seen the cam sprockets u can get to add timing but that kinda scares me a lil when messing with that.

Yep Yep. One of these days Im gonna get in your general direction riding. Try to get to the trails around Black River Falls

I've never been to Black river riding but winter and danburry I have quite a few times.. Four wheeling is so fun.

I think we should get together sometime and go for a ride. I'll buy you a drink of what ever you like.

sup jason we miss your expertise around here. i understand why your upset but this place is better than ever

Oh I think this place is nicer, I don't think it is not. I just don't like how it all went down. Just my opinion. Thanks for the coment very nice of you.

I've never been to Black river riding but winter and danburry I have quite a few times.. Four wheeling is so fun.

I think we should get together sometime and go for a ride. I'll buy you a drink of what ever you like.

My brother goes up there atleast once a year just to go riding, one of these times Im gonna come along with the new addition to my Warrior stable. Im always up for a ride man, if you werent so far north Id say come down for the ride Im trying to plan in June in Iowa. Defiantly should ride some time though, not to many guys around here understand my obsession to Warriors!!! :haha:

Im not for sure if them are hotcams specs. All i know is thats what im doing tomorrow is fixing that. Ive seen the cam sprockets u can get to add timing but that kinda scares me a lil when messing with that.

I hear you man.. I've played around with cam timing a lot on mine and you do have to be careful on that as I've set it wrong and had the piston and valve make friends. Luckly it was by turning the engine over by hand.
Advancing her will get you what a .390 web will offer in torque and low end hp. Make the engine build power quicker to. But you will give a little up on the top end.

Yeah take that down to .003-.004 on the intake.. .005 to .006 on the exhaust. That will help the noise. Again this hotcam is not as bad as I once said. After doing a **** load more testing it's like an inbetween the race and mid range cams.

All that Hotcam stuff is good to know man, considering Im in the planning stages of doing some biulding to the motor. Been considering Hotcams

All that Hotcam stuff is good to know man, considering Im in the planning stages of doing some biulding to the motor. Been considering Hotcams

Yeah I've heard some things about bad castings but I think they have that figured out now.

Also now they only sell +4 on there stroker cranks.

I hear you man.. I've played around with cam timing a lot on mine and you do have to be careful on that as I've set it wrong and had the piston and valve make friends. Luckly it was by turning the engine over by hand.
Advancing her will get you what a .390 web will offer in torque and low end hp. Make the engine build power quicker to. But you will give a little up on the top end.

Yeah take that down to .003-.004 on the intake.. .005 to .006 on the exhaust. That will help the noise. Again this hotcam is not as bad as I once said. After doing a **** load more testing it's like an inbetween the race and mid range cams.

Cool man will do thanks alot! Thats inches right? Just making sure. You sure do know alot about this stuff.

So is a web .390 better than the hotcam stage 1? Doesnt it have more duration or something?

be neat if somone did a write up of all the cams available and whats better with them over stock and where ther power is concentrated

yeah i see it now, it was in tutorials so never really noticed it there among the 30 other stickys.

Cool man will do thanks alot! Thats inches right? Just making sure. You sure do know alot about this stuff.

So is a web .390 better than the hotcam stage 1? Doesnt it have more duration or something?

They aren't really better/worst from one another just different.
I entered the wrong info I will re do..
I could get into more detail but it really doesn't matter because most will not understand.. and even I have a hard time understanding.
Anyway you can kinda see how I said that the hotcam is slightly bigger then the web.390 and mega .415 but not as big as the race cams... it is more inbetween the two. It's alright.

Yes in inches... just follow the stock spec dude and you will be fine as long as you are using good valve springs.!

I could post the dyno numbers and more detail if wanted.. would rather keep it to this thread as I've been slowly deleting my posts here.

Last edited:
Back