• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: web racing camshaft .430

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mid range cams
The hotcam has 190.5 of duration @ .200"
The web .390 has 189.0 / 188.9
The Mega .415 has 189.6/186.5
Race cams
THe web .430 has 203.7/203.3
The Mega .450 has 215
The web .440/.390 has 206.3/188.9

How does the Poweroll .430 Race cam fit into the mix?

You think the Mega .415 or the Web .390 would work better for me in my build. The .430 I have in it now is just to big, my low end is pathetic, it goes once I get up there but I'm a woods racer, I need the quickness rather then top speed.

sup jason we miss your expertise around here but this place is better than ever

:tup::tup:

yeah i see it now, it was in tutorials so never really noticed it there among the 30 other stickys.

Some of that info I posted is wrong.. sorry. I will repost and make good on it. If I had admin like before I could edit the thread/post so it wouldn't be so confusing.

How does the Poweroll .430 Race cam fit into the mix?

You think the Mega .415 or the Web .390 would work better for me in my build. The .430 I have in it now is just to big, my low end is pathetic, it goes once I get up there but I'm a woods racer, I need the quickness rather then top speed.

:tup::tup:

Yeah I can tell you right now if you like the woods and need the low end torque coming off tight corners a smaller cam is going to work better for you. I say the stock, mega, to web .390 will work better for you.

BTW: the powroll race cam is like 220 degrees of duration.. it's really way to big for even the stroker.

Last edited:
But dose that hurt it any? To have that much duration?

Doesn't really hurt the engine a big cam other then putting more stress and wear on the valve train parts.

It will hurt the low end torque and hp because you loose a lot of dynamic compression during the overlap period of these big cams... this is why you can run more static compression with a bigger cam and not worry about running racing gas as much.

How does poweroll play into the mix here with there 380 and 430 mid range?

I'm thinking of switching out to the .415 mega but need to make up my mind. Wish you'd expand on your cam knowledge here a bit more man. Properly again. Its valuable stuff, we respect it.

How does poweroll play into the mix here with there 380 and 430 mid range?

I'm thinking of switching out to the .415 mega but need to make up my mind. Wish you'd expand on your cam knowledge here a bit more man. Properly again. Its valuable stuff, we respect it.

Dude if you look at what Dave's old cam post you will see what I posted in there.

powroll mid range 430 cam is the mega .450 with less lift.
powroll .390 cam is web's .390. Both cam sheet timing events are the same.

ok man. You got dibs. In June I'll be pullin it out and also sending my shocks off to be rebuilt. I just gotta make it through memorial day weekend and fathers day weekend, then its time to tinker again. More income means the mad cow gets some much needed attention again!

Perhaps thats a new thread. this is for JasonP wanting a web 390 cam. But good question non the less. It has a lot to do with your articular build and mods and what your looking for thou.

No big deal.

I agree with you. It all depends on what type of riding you do and what kind of motor do you want to build. There really isn't the best cam. Just different really in where they come into the power or make power.

Stock for woods and maxium torque and lowend hp out of the corners.
Low mid power, Web .390, great all around.
Mid range, Mega .415 and Stage 1 hotcam. Great all around power with a high compression piston.
Mid to top end power, web .430 - max I would go with a stock bore/stroke engine, imo.
Top end Mega .450
All out top end powroll race .430 and web .440/.390

Top end cams give up lots of torque down low. Also don't have as wide as power range. More peak power.

Back