Who's been hurt on an ATV?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my first time ever on a quad I did a wheelie and ended up on my ass ;D
i agree with death, the first time i grew some balls and sat down to do a wheelie i fell on my ass about 4 times lmao

6 Years ago, rolled over doing donuts, hurt knees.

Last year, flew off the road at 60 and hit a tree, minor scratch's from brar's.

August 3rd 2006, (Practice) had bad muscle spazzum, hurt like hell for a week (was first time ever being on a MX track and first time jumping a quad).

August 6th 2006, tore skin off index finger on right hand and off thumb on left hand (damn stock controls).

August 10th 2006, (Practice) landed a small double, almost ate the handelbars. Fully landed the first three table's (50') so tried to land the fourth (70' table) and came close to being bucked off. Last lap, was sitting down and ran threw a mudhole we worked the mud out of, felt like dropping out of the air and smacking the ground when the quad hit the other side of the dip, almost broke my spine (it's still sore).

All in greatness, ive had fun everytime and havent complained once.

when i first got my quad i was attempting to doughnuts by a fairly deep ditch, and i gave it gas and it cut out a bit so i was right on the edge of the ditch. instead of going straight and possibly flipping into the ditch and having the quad land on top of me i turned into the ditch. kind of on the side, gave it gas so i didnt get stuck, and i went flying into the air. The ditch was not smooth and had a big tube thing sticking out the side to let shut out so it bumped me into the air. the quad didnt really, but i did, and i landed on the ground on my feet, and jogged after it to shut it off. and the sad thing is my mom got it on tape and when im older ill think of what a dumbass i was. when i went into the ditch, my right foot slipped off the peg and i scrapped my "calf" on the tire. nothing major but it did hurt a bit when i was continuing riding. now i have a pretty big scar. but nothing big. just thought i would share my story!

Well i got a new one, i rode a can am 800 outtie, didn't think it would do a wheelie in reverse, i was wrong. I went right over the bars onto my face, fun times.

Stretched ligaments in my knee on my dirt bike, tore a ligament in my ankle on the bike, broke a thumb on the quad (damn rock, getting a steering stabilizer to smooth it out when I clip stuff :p ), and I wrecked my shoulder pretty good on the bike. I am sticking on the quad now

My friend has a big scar on his stomach from the foot peg of his 88
warrior. Got sucked under by his 25/11/12.5 Kenda Bear Claws. Big meats ;)

flipped into a couple of ditches, rolled my brothers warrior doing a doughnut, hit a few trees, and hit a dog on my old yz80 and broke a wrist

Lots of cuts, bruises, and raspberries, which is standard. Bruised ankle from using my boot as a brake. ;D Best one was riding up a slip face and wheeling out thinking I'm hot ****; holding it in third gear and I lost the balance of the Warrior. Grab bar dug into the sand, spun and twisted the bike throwing me off of it. As the bike spun it came down with the handlebar end (think hammer and anvil) slamming down on my inner thigh. Had a burly hematoma; basically a very deep bruise about the size of a dinner plate, and took three months to heal up. Limped for a week. Retard!
Warrior has had worse injuries than me and now its getting upgraded!BWAHAHAHAHA!

laserated (split inot 2 pieces) my spleen got airlifted to childrens hospitol in boston i am from (nh) broke five ribs on my right side...and now have a little indent on that side....nothing to seriouse

lets see, i've ate a lot of dirt//// mud on my xr100 that i had, worst one was prolly when i was about 3rd gear or 4th going down a straight on my track, hit some mud. turned it over and skidded on my back for about 20ft..... stoppped sliding and than i saw my bike coming right behind me, luckily i got outta the way....... also ate a lot of dirt on my quad.... worst thing tho, i ran into the shed doing about 40 mph, had a friend on the back, when i hit the shed, i ragdolled into it and then my friend ran into me and pushed me into it further.... i ended up on the ground about 5 ft away w/ a concussion and a really sore neck/shoulder/back... and broken visor on my helmet :D

I broke my wrist, but the bone i broke was called the "scaphoid" and that lil tiny bone had me out of riding for a year, becouse theres barly any blood flow to that bone. so basicly i was in a cast that traped my left wrist thumb and forarm for 8 months. after all that the doctor says its a "non union" witch meens it will never heal unless i got surgery. witch i did, and im still recovering, i broke it november ;D

My only ATV injury so far, landed a small jump (mo more than 1 meter of air) on my right front wheel. Threw me off the side, I hit the ground pretty hard, rolled over my shoulder, got up and chased it. I wasn't fast enough and it ran into a tree. :D

Another time I was riding a snowmobile with my friend on a frozen lake. I was on the back and my friend decided to turn before hitting a patch of ice going like 50 km/h. It spun when it hit the ice, and almost did a complete 360 before it got grip again off the ice. It flipped over, I landed on the ice, my friend landed on me and the snowmobile landed on my foot. Couldn't walk properly for 2 days.

Who hasn't been hurt on an ATV? That's the real question! And if you haven't, you just started riding or your not having enough fun!

lol ive been in to many accidents to list but this one i thought was pretty funny, i just got my lt250r rebuilt so i went out and tested it (this was winter) ,i was going down a dirt road witch was like an ice rink, come around a corner in about 4th gear and then there was another sharp turn i tryed turning and slamming on the brakes but it just kept going straight right in to a big snow bank i flew over the handle bars and landed 10-15 feet in front of the bike, never got hurt just a little sore lol, i took it easy for the rest of that day! lol

my worst so far (knock on wood) i was riding my father-in-laws 325 magnum. i got the bright idea to do reverse donuts while hitting the reverse override button(full speed possible when u hit the button). i was doing fine til i hit a small rut and over she went with me on. luckly all that happen was the top of the handle bar hit my shin, but it did swell up pretty good and i limped for a few days. obviusly that was one of those redneck "watch this guys" moment.

thankfully with the warrior i havent really had an accident with yet!!!!!!(knock on wood agian)

I've never been hurt "riding" a quad, but, I have broken several bones racing. 2001, went over the bars and landed on my ass, broke my pelvis and tail bone. 2005, went over the bars and broke my shoulder blade. 2008, came up short on a tripple and piled into the face of it, broke my ancle, separated my shoulder, sprained my wrist, seperated cartledge(sp) in my chest.

shattered collarbone,brushed ribs,back, pulled gravel out of my back for hours, that was the big one, funniest was hill climbing, hit tree and broke my thumb over the throttle

2 sprained wrist from getting chucked off the warrior. a badly bruised shin from the kick start on a cr250. that's it for now...haha

Latest posts

Back