Who's been hurt on an ATV?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cracked a rib when i was 8, i was on a honda recon i believe and my cousin was on the back. my first time on a wheeler and it was snowy out going through trails he told me to punch it so i did and didnt know there was a hairpin turn ahead. smoked a tree and my cousin who was 15 at the time a big guy slammed me into the handle bars. i bent the frame hahaa

now bout 8 years ago i was on a buddies fourtrax hittin a ramp, first time i have ever gone after a jump and i didnt get my butt of the seat, got catapulted over the front of the wheeler and it came down and landed on my foot and fractured it.

last year on the warrior me and a buddy were riding through a field and i was going to cut through a small strip of tall hay didnt know there was a 2-3 foot deep ditch about 2 feet wide right behind it and he decides to try and cut me off, we both hit the ditch and i dont know how it happend but i ended up crushing my left hand on the handle bar from his wheeler. stopped us both dead in our tracks. he was lunged forward on his wheeler and got handle bars to the nuts. it was pretty comical

i rolled my i got wet and messed up my wrist again
but everything is oky dokei know. my quad on the other hand had to get the bars bent back out

flipped an 80 badger, flipped a 400 kodiak, hit a tree with a 425 polaris magnum, and hit a tree with a 50 scrambler, haha flipped the 80 today:( messed up the handlebars.. haha

Haha, we've all wrecked em! I've rolled em down hills, bumped trees, almost ran into a pond one time when I was a kid on a LT80. Prolly the funniest lil crash was on the TRI-Z back in the day. Classic boing, boing rear shock caused me to bounce across a road into a fence one day, lol! I'd had a nice blast across the yard on it, feeling pretty cocky, went down on the brakes to stop & hit a lil bump in the yard, back wheels bounced & it just wasn't stopping, Lol!!! Anybody that's ever rode a trike knows that front brakes in that situation are no help, you're gonna wreck one way or another, it's just time to assess the situation & choose the lesser of 2 evils if ya can, haha!

I've still to get hurt, but I've nearly flipped them on hills, nearly gotten thrown off, and nailed a small tree. Nothing serious. Couple chest slams on the handlebars and a jaw-breaker if I didn't wear my helmet... My dad rolled once and got thrown and was on the track for a minute before he got up... His back still isn't healed.

(my list haha"again im 16 and stupid)..... okay broken leg...broken arm...collar bone swollen shin....i went of a huge jump once and my left tie rod broke and it turn my left wheel and made mybike cart wheel like 4 times.....rm250 hillclimb i went off the other side and down another hill where i broke my elbow<had to get screws in it ) theres alot more i just cant think of any..... 3 deg. burns on my leg from my leg getting stuck in my fram right on my header...it burnt right through my pants...i got it out just in time.....lessons learned....it dont matter if you wear a helmet...if your doing 5th gear pinned...but make sure you can ride.....because if you cant ride your going to hurt yourself....-wear a brain bucket and make us all happy

I got a good one!!!!!!!

:eek: Ok, My Brother n law accident (2004), My Best friend (2012), what they have in common,jajajajajaja, they both dont remmember getting in to an accicent in the 4wheeler and they have to rely in my videos to remmember what happend I only got my friend in my video.

they can't remmember **** 40 minutes of there life's gone!!!! I was scare when happend but now it's just funny as hell!!!!!!:iagree:

I havent had any serious wrecks yet( knock on wood), other than a few roll overs from stupid stuff on my stepdads polaris 350 trailboss I think it is. On those things, when not in gear, the rear brakes dont function(dont know who designed it that way, but it even says it on the sticker on the fender) and It has no front brake pads, needless to say, it popped out of gear going up a hill, I started rolling backwards towards a drop off that had rocks, the brakes wouldnt work, so I turned the bars, resulting in a roll over and that heavy ass polaris landed on me. I got bruised up pretty bad and cut my leg up pretty bad but it beats flying off a bank backwards into rocks and trees.

Probably the worst wreck I have seen would have to be my little bro and his friend. My bro was giving his friend a ride to our house on the deathtrap polaris mentioned earlier and the brakes went out b/c they were wet from rain and they were bad to begin with. They were wide open coming down the hill (the guy lived like 5 houses up the hill in our neighborhood), the brakes failed, they flew past our driveway hit a ditch, my bro jumped off, the other kid held on, the quad rolled, threw him head first into a tree and messed him up BAD.. He had 38 staples in his head, 17 stitches in his leg, a jaw fractured in 2 places, a fractured ankle, a few knocked out teeth and broken teeth and some other injuries, and ALOT of bruises. Its crazy, even when doing something as simple as riding up and down the road, you never know when something like that could happen, thats why you always gotta wear a helmet kids!

Never been hurt on an ATV but I've had plenty of crashes on a mx bike(been racing mx since 79).Here is a list of broken bones,both ankles,collar bones,left wrist,left leg below the knee....still got the scar were the bone poked out of my leg,ribs,fingers,and two concussions lol.

My youngest brother was out riding in a field several years ago and caught a barbed wire fence with his neck. Just about killed him. Lots of stitches.

I hit a tree, don't remember how fast I was going but I was riding my buddies 300ex when I did it. Luckily I had a helmet on. Just had a sore and bruised shoulder from clipping the tree with it and cuts from all the **** I hit while skipping across the ground.

at the beginning of spring this year i got hurt on the blaster i had. went into a ditch and came up the other side and it got away from me. it landed on its side and i landed on my right hand nearly dislocating my thumb and severely sprianing my wrist. couldn't ride comfortably for almost 3 months.

I was rippin on an old 80cc dirt bike at a buddys place, came around the barn to find he just dug out a post from the ground. Hit the hole, front dove in, came back up and hit me in the face. Split my forhead wide open. Messed up the handle bars, shifter and front forks. This was 2 weeks before my wedding. She was NOT happy!!!

fliped my 250 yamaha 3 wheeler going up a hill bout 3 years ago didnt get hurt besides my pride lol and my 98 warrior crushed me a few months back when i was climbing a hill a log was hidden under the dirt kicked it up and started flipin

busted a ball joint ripping down the road and rolled end for end i dont how many times didnt have my hamlet on (i know ,bad right) but anyway i made good friends with a mall box, broke the 4x4 post off with my face.

the out come was : cut lower eye lid , broken cheek bone , upper jaw plate from my nose in between my front teeth and back the roof of my mouth

I layed down my yz125 about 10yrs ago,, it tore me up with road rash, i was screamin in 6th gear was coming up on the turn to fast (on paivment) let off it and tryed to brake alittle then down shifted and she went wright into the powerband and kicked out, i went down and slid forever then ended up in the ditch and the bike slid into me, my older brother was watching and told me later (i dont remember it) that i was trying to pick myself up off my chest and kept falling back down with blood gushing out of my head, he ran down slid under me and was holding me like a baby and was screaming for someone to help!!! Now being in a privet lake resort the main gate wouldnt let the ambulance threw so my dad drove down and got me and did like 90mph to the nearest hospital that sayed i should be dead,, (whow) but im still here!!!

November 97' my brother and I were out for a ride on a tight trail, I was on a yz250 he was on a trailblazer 250. I was going too fast and missed a turn after a small jump. He also missed the turn and grabed too much brake. The quad flipped over frontwards. He broke his femur bone in his leg. I 'set' his leg then had to ride 5km for help.

Last edited:
Ouch! I'm gonna make sure my wife doesn't read this thread or my quads gonna b back on Craigslist!

Back