Whoops, I broke it.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick of Time or Brink of disaster

Got the axle tore down today. Didn't go as planned required the use of a press (more than once). I think the bearings had pretty well ran their course back there.

ExplodedBearings.jpg

Luckily it was caught before any damage to the carrier or axle had happened......

Got the axle tore down today. Didn't go as planned required the use of a press (more than once). I think the bearings had pretty well ran their course back there.

ExplodedBearings.jpg

Luckily it was caught before any damage to the carrier or axle had happened......

Mine were 3 times worse than that! I will look for them and take some pics so you guys are like :eek:
All rusty and worn...

Ill try to get some pics of my swingarm and parts tomorrow. I was racing on a track near my house and i jumped a double when i landed there was a crack noise. Next thing i knew the swing arm was dragging on the ground. The bearings were completly gone and the bolt that goes through it as well as the inner tube broke. there was more but thats the worst of it

went ridin at this place called bear creek a while ago and it had just got done raining. this was when i first got my warrior and in had terrible tires with literally no tread left on them. i was doin a hundred yard hill climb and got near the top and stalled. my warrior also didnt have a rear brake caliper at the time and there was nothing left of the front brake pads so i started sliding backwards down this hill so i started int back up popped th clutch and gave it hell. with the tires spinning i was still sliding down the hill backwards so i turned to the side and was sliding too fast and got thrown off my quad and started barrel rolling down the hill. i cought myself near the bottom and i stood up and looked up to see my warrior bouncing off one tire and flying 15ft in the air and coming right towards me. i jumped back down and my quad bounced right in front of my face and flew over top of me. my friends oat the top of the hill thought for sure it flattened my face. this was all before i payed to ride at the place and signed the wavier and everyhting. the owner was pissed lol after the quad came to a stop i ran down and flipped it back over and rode the rest of the day with bent handle bars clutch and brake lever and a bent steering stem but thats all that happened to it. warriors sure do live up to their name

one of my buddies has a cabin down on a mountain in pa with 27,000 acres. i went down last summer for what we call mans weekend and i was determined to break my warrior. the first day i was down there the terminals on the battery broke from bouncin around so much on the rocky terrain. the next day my left tire hit a boulder and it snapped the a arm at the ball joint. i got new a arms and a battery and after putting those on the chain popped off and bunched up around the front sprocket and snapped off the chain guard and put a hole in the bottom end where the chain guard was attached to. fixed that with some jb weld. that night around midnight a nut fell off the new a arm and came out while i was goin up a hill. we were a few hours away from the cabin so my buddies left me there and came back hours later with a ride for me. we had to ride back out the next day with the nut for the a arm because my friends that went back to get one brought back the wrong one. the next day the starter fuse blew and i had to replace that. the next day i put a hole in one of my brand new tires. i was pissed. after that my quad just wouldnt start. it was burning a quart of oil in an hour but i didnt want to believe my top end went because we still had 2 more days of mans weekend. i cleaned the mud out of all the relays and stuff and replaced the spark plug and cleaned a bunch of stuff but sure enough it was my top end. well i guess i succeeded at breaking my warrior lol

Last edited:
went ridin at this place called bear creek a while ago and it had just got done raining. this was when i first got my warrior and in had terrible tires with literally no tread left on them. i was doin a hundred yard hill climb and got near the top and stalled. my warrior also didnt have a rear brake caliper at the time and there was nothing left of the front brake pads so i started sliding backwards down this hill so i started int back up popped th clutch and gave it hell. with the tires spinning i was still sliding down the hill backwards so i turned to the side and was sliding too fast and got thrown off my quad and started barrel rolling down the hill. i cought myself near the bottom and i stood up and looked up to see my warrior bouncing off one tire and flying 15ft in the air and coming right towards me. i jumped back down and my quad bounced right in front of my face and flew over top of me. my friends oat the top of the hill thought for sure it flattened my face. this was all before i payed to ride at the place and signed the wavier and everyhting. the owner was pissed lol after the quad came to a stop i ran down and flipped it
back over and rode the rest of the day with bent handle bars clutch and brake lever and a bent steering stem but thats all that happened to it. warriors sure do live up to their name
I bet the fat ladies in the van were pissed lol

The last warrior I had was completely aftermarket nothing stock. I ended up bailing right before a jump. I had the bike pegged in 6th and this jump came out of nowhere. My trailtech was reading 95 mph and I was way ahead of my friends 06yfz450r and I saw that jump and said **** that. I bailed and broke my collar bone and arm. And fractured my leg. My quad was all kindas of fucked up after that my frame sheared my bars where like drive sticks my axle was almost a u. I foiled it back over and it still started. Didn't want to ride though. My tire was still attached to the a arm 20 ft away. Haha. Oh well I saved the motor and thrashed the wheeler. Then I bought my current one. I don't think I'm up to that again. Ill just take the jump next time and thanks the lord for my helmet. Lol.

a couple summers ago i was in the backyard cutting roots on 15ft over grown bushes and pulling them out with my warrior. i was having problems pulling one out so i thought if i got going fast enough it would just rip right out of the ground so i hooked up the chain around the bush, backed up my warrior within a foot and connocted the other part of the chain to the grab bar then i gunned it. when the chain ran out of slack the quad stopped instantly and i flew over the handle bars, face planted in the dirt with my waist on the front end of the quad and my legs in the air. it was hilarious lol i snapped the clutch lever off and the grab bar also got ripped off from the chain. the bush didnt move at all. we figured out there was one last giant rute i didnt cut when we couldnt pull it out with an chevy 2500 in 4x4. funny **** lol

Such a long list of breaking stuff guess i should start at the beginning. 2 days after i bought my 05 raptor off the showroom floor i had a buddy stand on the a-arms and we were doing endo's until we (of course) flipped it and broke the parking brake. Chasing cows through a field i hit a nasty stump and ripped the a arm in half and then drove it home leaning as far back and to the side of the bike as i could, and theres probaly alot of bad times doing other dumb things i cant remember but the worse crash was when me and 2 friends was riding a levee and one decides to drive a mile ahead of us and turn his lights off while sitting on the road, well i was just talking to my other buddy when next thing i know im flying through the air about 10 ft. I hit him i wanna say between 40-45mph bent my frame nearly in half but i walked away without a scratch. We fixed the bent frame that night by wedging the back between two trees and winching the frame straight and its been like that ever since

008.jpg

one of my buddies has a cabin down on a mountain in pa with 27,000 acres. i went down last summer for what we call mans weekend and i was determined to break my warrior. the first day i was down there the terminals on the battery broke from bouncin around so much on the rocky terrain. the next day my left tire hit a boulder and it snapped the a arm at the ball joint. i got new a arms and a battery and after putting those on the chain popped off and bunched up around the front sprocket and snapped off the chain guard and put a hole in the bottom end where the chain guard was attached to. fixed that with some jb weld. that night around midnight a nut fell off the new a arm and came out while i was goin up a hill. we were a few hours away from the cabin so my buddies left me there and came back hours later with a ride for me. we had to ride back out the next day with the nut for the a arm because my friends that went back to get one brought back the wrong one. the next day the starter fuse blew and i had to replace that. the next day i put a hole in one of my brand new tires. i was pissed. after that my quad just wouldnt start. it was burning a quart of oil in an hour but i didnt want to believe my top end went because we still had 2 more days of mans weekend. i cleaned the mud out of all the relays and stuff and replaced the spark plug and cleaned a bunch of stuff but sure enough it was my top end. well i guess i succeeded at breaking my warrior lol

Same thing happend to me with the chain guard and jb weld. Seems to happen to alot of people actually and i thought i just had horrible luck that day

Broken stuff, lets see... Broke the weld on a foot peg while jumping, banged the throttle into some branches and kept the throttle on, causing the quad to be an "automatic" in gears 3 and up, extremely high rev in the first two gears... Had a forward / reverse lever break apart in my hand, multiple flat tires, a rezzi launch-off, and a chain break causing a piece of my crankcase being broken off by the flying chain..

Surging throttle (getting that **** fixed TODAY) made me wreck into my stepdad's Ram yesterday...we spent a few hours hammering the rather large dent out. The quad is not hurt at all and so I'm ok with that!

went ridin at this place called bear creek

I live right by there , i literally ride my quad there , i feel lucky t be able to go there when ever , but be carefull for that crazy hillbilly with his gun , hes been shooting at more and more people...

Front right shock broken after a bad landing. Fortunately it wasn't a big air, so I avoid the crash:tup:
5f2g.jpg

Back