Who wants too help me build up my Warrior this winter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a degree key, cam & springs waiting for my engine, I still have plans for a 12:1 366 & better carb. So far I have what's in my sig & as much as I like the Warrior over all, I'm not impressed by power whatsoever! The only things that I've done to it that seemed to make any noticable power was open up the lid & change the tire size down to 20's with stock gearing which I completely negated by putting a 14t on the front.
Putting the pipe on didn't do a thing for it, adjusting plates in it did nothing, getting the jetting correct, nothing, ported head, big zip-o. I'm just being honest here. My plans are still intact for a few more mods to try & see if I can get acceptable power out of it. I'd like to keep the 350 based engine on it b/c I like the reverse for trail riding but if overall you're disappointed with performance what damn good is reverse?
Anywho, if my plans fail to please me I'll sell the engine off of it & 2 stroke it. My cousins 2mm overbore Blaster with a jug ported by me, Toomey system, 310 jet & Uni filter is simply badass, even with the clutches starting to slip in it, I only wish my junk ran anywhere near as good as his. It's no comparison.

I have a degree key, cam & springs waiting for my engine, I still have plans for a 12:1 366 & better carb. So far I have what's in my sig & as much as I like the Warrior over all, I'm not impressed by power whatsoever! The only things that I've done to it that seemed to make any noticable power was open up the lid & change the tire size down to 20's with stock gearing which I completely negated by putting a 14t on the front.
Putting the pipe on didn't do a thing for it, adjusting plates in it did nothing, getting the jetting correct, nothing, ported head, big zip-o. I'm just being honest here. My plans are still intact for a few more mods to try & see if I can get acceptable power out of it. I'd like to keep the 350 based engine on it b/c I like the reverse for trail riding but if overall you're disappointed with performance what damn good is reverse?
Anywho, if my plans fail to please me I'll sell the engine off of it & 2 stroke it. My cousins 2mm overbore Blaster with a jug ported by me, Toomey system, 310 jet & Uni filter is simply badass, even with the clutches starting to slip in it, I only wish my junk ran anywhere near as good as his. It's no comparison.

Do that 366 with that piston and run race gas, with a 39mm carb and you'll feel a diff. Theres nothing like that 2 smoke powerband thou...

I think my comparsion I am trying to make in regards to reving would be to my friends stock 400ex. When you hit the throttle on it it revs instantly, on my warrior....even in first you feel like your waiting for it to speed up so you can shift. Thats what I am trying to improve.

Now I know a 400ex is much more machine than the Warrior but the differnce shouldn't feel like the differnce between a 4stk and 2strk in rev buildup.

It also looks that what I have seen in the other posts I should try to jet around a 155 Main / 45 Pilot ?

Last edited:
wo-ya you better be able to hold on a cam and valves plus a degree key all at once is a big jump and with p&p its going to be fun with 14 40 and 20's and its going to rev quick

it was 13 40 but i got to order a new chain and sprocket mine is toasted im going to 14 40 with a o ring chain with 13 40 t it was impossible to ride it really hard unless it was in the dunes with paddles because it would rev out before i could shift it again

christmas2011015.jpg

My new air box mods. K&N in the box. Jets also ordered too (45 pilot, 147.5, 150, 152.5 and 155 main.)

Cool, more holes please. I have a bunch of 1" holes in mine but Prolly 3 times as many. Basically I wanted just enough lid intact to hold the filter in place. You can also just cut the center out of the top of it & leave the cute lil curved lookin hold downs. I need to talk to Doner more about his air box. That might be something to look into for me.

You have to remember I am riding ONLY in sand so I cant have it as open as you guys running in the woods.

Riding in woods is more harsh. Alot easy for mud and water to get in the filter. The outerwears covers work awesome.

Neat setup. Think I am going to go with what I have for now. Moses Lake has tons of ash in the sand from the St. Helens blow in the 80's. Most motors in rails and atv go quick because the filters have a hard time with the ash already. I just dont need to expose it any more than I have to. Thanks for the opinions though.

Ah hell, I went ahead and trippled the amount of holes.

I am only a few weeks away from taking it out and braving the cold. I not only have the jets ordered but I have the new axle, bearings, throttle cable, rear brake rotor and new clutch on order.

Just waiting for my fantasy football winnings (hell ya #1) to order the new alum wheels and paddle tires along with the fronts as well.

Well got the air box and the jetting done.

WOW did that make a big difference. (45/152.5)

Also have the axle and brake rotor replaced. It's a whole lot wider now.

esttiot009.jpg

Back