Who wants too help me build up my Warrior this winter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadillac

Reaction score
Looking for random thoughts and ideas through this winter to help my Warrior not embarass itself against my friends (blaster 240, 400ex, and 450r). I am in the process of replacing the rear axle and brake rotor as it is some of what the previous owner neglected. Thanks to some or your guys previous input it looks as if I have the silencer already taken care of (ie. Sparks). I am already planning on getting new rims and tires for the up coming season (Douglas light weight aluminum and ITP paddles ect..) The current combination I have just dug in the sand and acted like the Warrior wouldn't rev very fast and dug in some small dunes. (20lbs per rear tire/wheel)
moseslake8611002a.jpg
You had to have a lot of speed going to get up some of the small Moses Lake Dunes. As far as dragging up a dune, I had my friend on the Warrior and I was in my dunes only '86 Yota SR5 22RE I build just for dunes and the yota beat it.................un acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

His 96 "pink" blaster is a 240 kit and if it wasn't for the fact that he blew it up here recently he would have taken me in a straight drag............ugh....

As everyone on here money is an issue this time of year....or else I would be doing the whole 4 Stroke Tech 446 Kit............not saying I won't do that next winter but I want to get one good summer out of this reliable Yamaha beast.

Any input would be great for the next few months.........I don't get offended easily so let it out........."really" we are all online and how many of us actually like our warriors.

I included a pic of my other "passenger" Toyota I use in the dunes for taking friends and family so you have an idea what my other toys are.

Oh, yeah and P.S. here is the pic of the blaster I "have to beat" this next summer, come on guys, don't let me get beat by pink.

P.S. part II

When I dragged the "tree" last year with my friends wifes 400ex I beat my friend "the husband" with his 450r with mods in the drag............so I know how to drive...

donniedrivingzoom.jpg

Wheels tires um air box and filter and a 38-39mm carb would help a ton and motor modds too but since a 446 is still in mind i would build it without motor mods first to feel it out then go all out with motor and build it like you want it

Hmm, '94 Blasty, they're purple but hey, call it pink if it makes ya feel better, lol! My lil cuz has one witha DMC Alien, K&N & 260 jet, lil bastard will scat for that lil work!

Anywho, for your build, if ya have the silencer, slip-on, whatever ya wanna call it then get a good clamp-on filter where the flange bolts inside the airbox & leave the lid off. If ya have budget to to bore then go 366 with a 10.5 if ya wanna keep it on pump, maybe eliminate the base gasket. A good spring kit & web .390 or .430 & a ported head with 37 or 39mm FCR carb. That should thin your wallet & keep ya busy for a while.

hmm that blasty is running a stock exhaust what air filter dose it have? a 240 dont do much unless it can breath a stock pipe blasty isn't all that tough to beat with a warrior if you got a good pipe and intake you can beat a stock motor blaster with stock pipe and all aftermarket intake side

but the oem air box on a warrior is a seriously restricted area even without the box lid i did mine out of nesesity and i had to rejet huge difference in power over stock box just my experience but a bigger carb is a must for sure a mukuni 38mm RS is about half the price of a FCR

I would do the suspension all up to ur liking and then do the motor upgrades. After all you cant put the power to the ground with the poor stock suspension, ecpesially with the 446 stroker! For the dunes ur not worrying about width so go with +3 wickeds, and a good front shock to soak up them bumps, and jumps. A banshee rear shock is a good upgrade, but I think the 01 raptor shock would be better since it'll give more travel. Durablue, or a G- force axle are both good axles for more width and strength, cant beat the Eliminator Durablues thou, there fuggin BULLETPROOF!

yep suspension is a ton of help at the dunes for sure go wide and for max travel use full flight +2 +0 for a 400ex and that gives you long travel you will need 16" shocks but there will be spacers required to make the 400 a arms work and the lower tabs either on the frame or a arms need to be modded a tad to fit without binding

Those are realtor rear tires! Havent seen them in a while

Yupp, and I'm interested in them if hes lookin to sell. Well depending on shipping and all.

Im not gunna add to this post because what has been posted is all good info. But on a side note, cool Yota. My bro has an 86 with a bad frame that we are fixing this winter. I'm trying to convince him to do an SAS but he's sticking with the IFS for now.

I figured that the airbox was going to be my next course of action. I still have to have a good filter set-up to keep the sand and ash out (lot's of ash from Mt. St Helens). Iam thinking some kind of K&N system. With that being said and the 1000' elevation I will have to figure out what jetting to change to.

My friends Blaster does have the 240 kit and I have been giving him crap about such a stock exhaust set-up. I think I have him convinced to get a full system this winter.

I am also curious about some electrical upgrades (coil, ect...) will that help enough to be worthwile?
:nanner:

Nope. Don't really see the added benefit. I suppose on a stock cam it might be worth it to some.

Awh sweetie, that's what I told you. Me - Pitcher. Beastly - Catcher, and a loose one at that! He's like the town bicycle. Don't go around him after hes eaten mexican.

Back