Who on here bashes their 4x4's?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you sure he cut em? looks like a serious front end prob to me... i had street tires on my truck when i got it that had been loaned to somone that had a serious front end problem (guy didnt know he was giving his tires away to be ruined at the time) but they looked just like that when he got em back but not as bad because they where street tires

looks to me like they were used in rock crawling and run with about 15psi in them on the highway

looks to me like they were used in rock crawling and run with about 15psi in them on the highway

again i dont know WTF happened to them other than they are **** bald tires my bro uses to work on the rig... cause he got them for free like that.

I like a cut and grooved bogger.
Yah I've seen guys cut every second lug. They clean out better in the sticky stuff.
But those swampers where cut.. If it was an alignment issue, they would just be worn to one side. It looks like they may have been a dune cut?

I was into 4x4's for a couple years, until I realized how impractical they were for me because of where I lived. I started out with a stock Suzuki SJ410, it was a fun little rig in the trails. Light nimble, durable, and gutless as ****, something like 65hp out of the 1000cc 4 banger. I jumped it off a berm and smashed the body. So i bilt this thing over a couple months.

The frame, springs, T-case, and steering parts were 83' Suzuki SJ410. The Axles were from a Samurai (wider and stronger) along with some of the drive shafts.

The 4.3 V6 engine was pulled from safari van with the 4 spd auto. I moved the drivers seat way back to make room for the big engine. I built the "cage" from sked 40 pipe, It was strong enough because it landed on its back a few times. The rad and battery were mounted in the back and cooled it with a ford SHO fan. There was also a Warn 8274 mounted in the rear (I still have the winch). It was reliable for the most part other then eating U-joints on the shaft between the trans and T-case, 200hp was just too much for the Suzuki joints.

It worked well for what I had into it money wise. All in it was worth about a grand. That was the first complete vehicle I built. I wonder where it is now?

IMGP1487.jpg

My old Ford and a lil trailer I had at the time, I drove the buggy on to the trailer without ramps. No I didnt drive anywhere like that.
PICT0873-11.jpg

Notice the cut Boggers, I got them for free because they were almost "used up" I used a skil saw to cut the extra rubber off. Not a safe way to do it but it worked.
DSCN0779.jpg

Yah dude!! Thats the **** I'm talk'n about.
Cool rig...

I'm gonna build an S-10 truggy one day.. When I have the extra cash, and time.

I used to mud my old F150's that I had. Even had a set of MT Baja Claws on a heavy offset rim so I could go lock to lock with no rubbing. Never got stuck with them things on!!! LOL Many a time did that truck go from an almost purple burgandy to light brown!!!! Had a roll bar in the bed with true KC lights to, man those things were bright!!

Dont deliberately mud the Super Duty though, 8000 lb trucks get to be a pain to get out when you bury them!! Not to mention an open air filter can spell disaster for an engine when you start slopping stuff around! Once I track down a winch though Im probably gonna get calls to help recover trucks!! Especially with a deer slaying bumper like mine!!!

IMG_20110812_190025.jpg

Thanks, got it from a friend that biulds different things for a living. He hit 2 deer in a week and got tired of replacing parts!! I got it after some horse trading when he got a newer truck. All schedule steel, seams double welded, with fittings on the back side for air lines!! Not to mention the biult in reciever and massive d-hooks. When I got it I put 2 coats of bedliner on it. I always joke that the frame will probably give before the bumper does!!!! LOL

Back