what would it take?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing because of the lack of aerodynamics on the warrior it'd either go into a crazy flip before you hit 200 or you'd blow off of it with nothing blocking the 200mph wind lol.

I'm guessing because of the lack of aerodynamics on the warrior it'd either go into a crazy flip before you hit 200 or you'd blow off of it with nothing blocking the 200mph wind lol.

psshh...not if your wearing a seatbelt.

well what would it take to set the world land speed record with a 350cc warrior?

current speed record : 196.19mph by Terry Wilmeth on a Raptor 700r with rocket assist

can a warrior beat it on motor alone?
the new owner of the busa banshee set 188 in a 1/4 mile thats a big bore stoker hayabusa with a turbo and 100 shot of nos stuffed into a custom banshee frame
WHAT THE BIKE LOOKS LIKE NOW
imagekb.jpg

WHAT IT USED TO LOOK LIKE

Last edited:
Whats with all the drag bikes and speed talk for lately? These are WARRIORS. There old, heavy, and kinda slow. Add in some badass looks, reliably, easy access to parts and a fanatical fan base and you have the reality of the machines that built this site up.

Whats with all the drag bikes and speed talk for lately? These are WARRIORS. There old, heavy, and kinda slow. Add in some badass looks, reliably, easy access to parts and a fanatical fan base and you have the reality of the machines that built this site up.

Can I hear an AMEN!!!!! Sorry just had to throw that in there. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe you should ad a race section just for that stuff. Although that would just be one more nightmare to monitor.

Monitoring doesnt usually end up being the problem as much as guys from other sites that have nothing to do with warriors come on starting ****. I agree 100% with deadlast its a warrior it'll never be a speed machine, if you wanna race its hybrid time unless youve got a machine shop in your back pocket to make custom motor parts That you would need to develope and test. Ya thats gonna happen!!!:loco:

I started it:haha: Weston, you will get half way through the project, ride it, and realize it isnt possible. Well, thats what happened here anyway. I set up a 150' track, I had to shift 2 times on the 350, was quite impressed, then started on my 700 in 3rd, didnt even bog down, and I stayed in 3rd for the whole thing, and it was SO much faster it was amazing. I thought I had a great idea until I raced another bike that was fast, even slower than some of the bikes I was going to be running against. It isnt easy to find parts, you have to make almost everything, stock, they are heavy, and slow, and handle like complete crap to be honest. You could stick $5000 into a Warrior to make it as fast as a Big 3 YFZR. I'm not trying to make you mad, or start an argument, but lets be real now. 100 will be impossible on a Warrior based motor, unless like 1998 said, you have a machine shop in your garage. I was someday planing on a billet crank, cylinder, cases, everything. But in reality, it isnt even possible. I'm sorry. I just hate for you to put all this time, and money into a bike, just to be disapointed, like me. Good Luck.

i dont think 100 is too far out of reality. can you use a tow vehicle? if so a strong motor and airplane gearing could get there....maybe

Monitoring doesnt usually end up being the problem as much as guys from other sites that have nothing to do with warriors come on starting ****. I agree 100% with deadlast its a warrior it'll never be a speed machine, if you wanna race its hybrid time unless youve got a machine shop in your back pocket to make custom motor parts That you would need to develope and test. Ya thats gonna happen!!!:loco:
i have a warrior........

You wont have the power to pull it! I will do put 20" tires on my 700, and do 85+ with 15/36 gearing, I could put 15/36 gearing and 35" tires, and not even hit 50...

Back